We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Virgin online check in info please

LIncoln
Level Contributor
92 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Virgin online check in info please

We go to USA in a week and I'd be grateful for some info please before doing OLCI as it's a few years since we flew Virgin.

I had been given the wrong booking ref so by the time I got in to book our 4 seats we didn't have much choice. Hoping to change them when we do OLCI 24 hrs beforehand. Can anyone tell me please, the sequence for OLCI. I mean, do we select the 4 new seats/or confirm our existing seats first (if we cant change them), before doing check in, or do check in first and then select seats.

Also do we select one seat at a time, check in and print boarding pass for that person, or do all 4 seats at the same time, check in and print all boarding passes at the end of the process. We may not be able to print at that time, is there an option to print our 4 boarding passes later perhaps in our overnight hotel, or send them to our email address.

I'm having a bit of stress at the moment as I can't get Virgin website to accept my API info so I don't want any more problems with OLCI.

Thanks

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
485 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Virgin online check in info please

If you post this qu on v-flyer.com I expect you'll get a quick, detailed response

Barry, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Virgin online check in info please

You check in first, then you get the option to change your seats. Once you're happy with that you can print your boarding passes.

That's how it's been on all my Virgin flights, including the most recent one in May so I doubt it's changed in less than a month.

Edited: 07 June 2013, 13:56
LIncoln
Level Contributor
92 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Virgin online check in info please

Many thanks to you both for your replies.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Virgin online check in info please

You start check in, seat selection and confirmation. Is part of that process,and you do it before you complete check in.

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
13,698 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Virgin online check in info please

The last few times I have tried to change my seats at OLCI, the seat map was showing no available seats. If this is the case, you may be able to change them at check-in at the airport.

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
13,698 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Virgin online check in info please

Oh, I almost forgot, you do not need to print out your boarding passes as they will do that for you at check-in at the airport. Every time we have printed ours, they have torn them up and given us new ones!

LIncoln
Level Contributor
92 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Virgin online check in info please

Many thanks for all the helpful replies...feeling a bit less stressed now.!

8. Re: Virgin online check in info please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 June 2014, 05:16