We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

USAirways seating assignments.

Fort Collins, CO
Level Contributor
1 post
121 reviews
Save Topic
USAirways seating assignments.

My wife and I are flying last minute with two kids, ages 4 and 2. Booked with Hotwire. Seats were pre-assigned on the smaller craft (window seats every other row!) and no seats were assigned on the larger craft. All that is available are those closer to the front that you can pay extra for ($64 each).

What do you suppose will happen if I make no selection?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,128 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: USAirways seating assignments.

I'd wear a good jacket, it can be a bit breezy on the wing.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,934 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: USAirways seating assignments.

You may - and should - choose seats at OLCI, on line check in. Some of the seats that currently show as occupied are being held for OLCI and airport check in, so use the former and be ready to choose at T-23.59.59.

US have raised the price for their 'preferred' seats, and I think they've gone a bit OTT with that price rise (from $25 to $45 on the route I travel).

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
322 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: USAirways seating assignments.

Check in online exactly 24 hours a head of time. A lot of upgrades clear at 24 hours, so a lot of seats will open up.

If you can't find 2 seats together, get a variety of windows and aisles. Then, try to switch window for window, aisle for aisle. The important part is just making sure one parent can sit next to the child- asking for both may be a little too much to ask for, but nonetheless would be very nice. Most people I know would not hesitate to switch aisle for aisle, middle for middle, window for window for a child to sit next to their parents.

Edited: 08 June 2013, 03:28
4. Re: USAirways seating assignments.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 June 2014, 05:17