We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My experience of Sri Lanka Airlines

London, United...
Level Contributor
737 posts
298 reviews
Save Topic
My experience of Sri Lanka Airlines

After asking questions about this airline and reading the views of other’s I thought I’d share my experience.

Outbound – London to Colombo

There was no bag drop queue so for those us organised enough to have checked in online and printed boarding passes still have to queue with those checking in at airport. Flight was delayed but no word of this, just the gate board flashing ‘please wait’ up until 10 mins before the scheduled departure time. Interior of the plane was extremely shabby and seats uncomfortable (guess I’ve become too accustomed to the likes of Cathy Pacific, Malaysian Airlines etc.) Flight attendants were polite, food was okay and they even gave you a menu; though they did take forever to clear away trays after the meals. But worse of all was the entertainment system. My husband’s sound wasn’t working, nor were some of the channels. Picture was fuzzy and not all of the channels worked – poor form for a 10 and a half hour flight but wasn’t so bad on the way out as it was a night flight and I slept for a lot of it. Toilets were old and in need of serious modernization. Twin engine plane.

Inbound – Colombo to London

There was a specific bag drop line. Organisation of getting people from the boarding gate to the plane via bus seemed a little chaotic. Interior of the plane was downright filthy. I used my blanket to cover the dirt on the floor in the corner next to me as I couldn’t stomach looking at it; dried in bits of food and even a fork that must have been there for a good few flights. Entertainment system worked better than on the outbound flight. Flight attendants again were pleasant and food was okay. Four engine plane.

But as I always say, by far the most important thing on any flight is that it gets you to your destination safely so for that I give God thanks. Not an airline I would choose to fly with again.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My experience of Sri Lanka Airlines

You seem to have been unlucky;-) One of the oldest A330s on your outbound flight and an A340 (which they don't use much for European flights) on your inbound flight.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,496 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: My experience of Sri Lanka Airlines

Thanks for your review and sorry you didn't have a great flight with Sri Lanka but as you say as long as it gets you there. You should post this on the airlinequality website that way it won't get lost.

www.airlinequality.com

Queensland
Level Contributor
1,043 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: My experience of Sri Lanka Airlines

You should definitely let the airline know and as they are now a One World member "elect" pass your feedback onto One World. I'm sure comments like yours will be appreciated.

4. Re: My experience of Sri Lanka Airlines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 June 2014, 05:17