We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Error in flight name

London, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Error in flight name

Hi there,

I have booked some return flights through a travel agent from London to New York, these flights being marketed by BA but operated by American Airlines under a code share arrangement. I logged into my BA booking to enter details etc. and when I went to choose flights it took me through to the booking on the American Airlines site. I noticed here that there was an error in the names of those booked up, "mr" having been added to the end of the first names (so "Neilmr" for myself). There is no problem with the BA booking details but it is my understanding that my boarding pass will be an American Airlines one(?).

I have been trying to get in touch with both BA and AA and also the travel agent to amend names but I am getting nowhere with all parties bouncing it off to another one.

I was wondering firstly if this may give me problems in getting on the plane and secondly if anyone has had experience with amending names in such a scenario? I noticed on the American Airlines site that changing name on a code share flight can cause the other airline to automatically cancel it which worried me...

Any advice would be much appreciated! Ta

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
20,129 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Error in flight name

"I was wondering firstly if this may give me problems in getting on the plane" - The addition of a title such as Mr wont be a problem, you'll be fine as long as the name on the ticket matches the name on the passport.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Error in flight name

Title does not matter.

London, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Error in flight name

Thanks for both of your replies.

In saying "you'll be fine as long as the name on the ticket matches the name on the passport", will the name on the ticket not be the name my booking is under i.e. with the "mr" appended to the end of my first name? The "Mr" is not separated under a title category or anything, it is just jammed onto the end of my first name.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
35,288 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Error in flight name

It doesn't matter. It's just the way some airline tickets are printed.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
38,920 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Error in flight name

There will not be a problem. Title does not matter wherever it appears.

6. Re: Error in flight name

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 June 2013, 15:17
7. Re: Error in flight name

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 June 2014, 06:16