We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling to USA- middle name on passport, not on ticket!

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
410 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Travelling to USA- middle name on passport, not on ticket!

Hi

Wondered if anyone could answer me a couple of questions as I can't seem to get the answer on United's website. I booked some tickets back in December but didn't enter my middle name but my passport has my middle name on it, will there be a problem.

Also my daughter booked herself a ticket also with United, she entered her title as "Ms" as it didn't appear on the dropdown menu but her title is "Miss", will there be any problem with this.

Will ensure all relevant info is included when I apply for our ESTA's.

Many thanks for any info

Jane

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling to USA- middle name on passport, not on ticket!

None of it matters. There are a zillion posts here on middle names. The answer to all is "it doesn't matter.

Same for titles, she could have entered herself as a Mr, it doesn't matter.

For the ESTA, just put EXACTLY whats on the passport. And make sure to use the right website, not one of the dodgy ones that charges a $30 or more processing fee as well as the ESTA $14 fee.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
410 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling to USA- middle name on passport, not on ticket!

Many thanks for the reply, thought it would be OK but wanted to double check.

Cheers!!

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling to USA- middle name on passport, not on ticket!

p.s the right website is the snappily addressed https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/

A google search brings up a bunch of rip off websites in addition to that.

4. Re: Travelling to USA- middle name on passport, not on ticket!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 June 2014, 06:18