We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

KL 644 JFK to AMS Business Class

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
1,494 posts
195 reviews
Save Topic
KL 644 JFK to AMS Business Class

Anyone whose flown this route: seats 1J and 1K (first floor) or upstairs? Pros/cons? SeatGuru has the exit row upstairs and 1J-K downstairs as the best seats. I know we're dealing with the minutiae here, but had to ask.

UK
Level Contributor
6,914 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: KL 644 JFK to AMS Business Class

When there is an upstairs the upstairs seats always have high seat numbers. Row 1 is downstairs.

kentucky
Level Contributor
5,875 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: KL 644 JFK to AMS Business Class

Upstairs on 747 is always first booked

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
1,494 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: KL 644 JFK to AMS Business Class

Upstairs is completely empty. It's a March 2014 flight. I have the pick of the litter. So, what would you do. Row I downstairs, or upstairs exit row?

UK
Level Contributor
6,914 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: KL 644 JFK to AMS Business Class

There is no advantage to being in an exit row in Business Class (there is in Economy, where it gives you extra legroom... but in Business you have plenty of legroom regardless of where you're sitting).

Row 1 is a bulkhead row which means you have no seat in front of you under which to store your stuff.

I'd probably pick neither...

If you want an expert opinion on Business Class seats on KLM you're probably better off asking on Flyertalk! :-)

5. Re: KL 644 JFK to AMS Business Class

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2014, 05:17