We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pit->LHR, BRU->Pit layover times

Ann Arbor...
Level Contributor
16 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Pit->LHR, BRU->Pit layover times

Hi,

I'm looking at flights for my honeymoon to London on Oct. 28. My layover options in Charlotte to London are 1.5 hours, or 3 hours. How long do I really need?

The return flight from Brussels comes in through Philly, would I need 2 hours or 3 hours? I'm assuming that 3 hours here would be best for re-entering the country.

I plan on purchasing these tickets soon since the price just dropped significantly after 3 months of watching. Thanks!

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
21,379 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pit->LHR, BRU->Pit layover times

"My layover options in Charlotte to London are 1.5 hours, or 3 hours. How long do I really need?" - You should be ok with 1.5 hours as long as your first flight is on time but the 3 hours would give you a buffer in case of delays and might be less stressful.

"The return flight from Brussels comes in through Philly, would I need 2 hours or 3 hours? I'm assuming that 3 hours here would be best for re-entering the country. " - I would go with 3 hours to give you enough time to clear Immigration/Customs.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
671 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Pit->LHR, BRU->Pit layover times

Def allow the 3 hours for re-entering the country.

It's your choice on the outward, but bear in mind that although 3 hours in Charlotte could be tedious, the alternative if something goes wrong will be more like 24 hours for the next flight to London. If you would worry the whole time, give yourself the bigger buffer. If you are generally optimistic and wouldn't mind an unexpected break in Charlotte, go for the shorter connection.

Also BTW PIT= Pittsburgh. Philly is PHL.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,968 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pit->LHR, BRU->Pit layover times

<Also BTW PIT= Pittsburgh. Philly is PHL.>

I thought that too, but then I saw her other post....she did mean PIT.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g186338-i17-k62458…

Italy
Level Contributor
39,682 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pit->LHR, BRU->Pit layover times

I would be inclined to risk the less time layover because as long as you book a through ticket if you don't make your connecting flight it's the airlines responsibility to get you on the next available flight home and if it's the next day they put you up in a hotel for the night and give you dinner vouchers.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
671 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Pit->LHR, BRU->Pit layover times

<< <Also BTW PIT= Pittsburgh. Philly is PHL.>

I thought that too, but then I saw her other post....she did mean PIT. >>

Oh, sorry!!

Have a good time anyway!

6. Re: Pit->LHR, BRU->Pit layover times

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2014, 06:17