We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ryanair Travel Insurance

Bilbao, Spain
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Ryanair Travel Insurance

Hi there

I wonder if anyone here can help me; I'm completely lost! I booked a flight with Ryanair and added a travel insurance to the booking. It said that included cancellation and I assumed that I could cancel my flight and get a refund if I needed to, which was quite likely...

Now I need to cancel my booking and I'd like to get a refund but I don't know how to go about it...am I covered for cancellation and refund if I'm the one cancelling the booking? If I am, how do I go about asking for a refund? If I'm not, is there a public body I can send a complain to?

Thanks

frombilbaowithlove

Travelling The World
Destination Expert
for Alghero, Melton Mowbray, Elora
Level Contributor
15,483 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Ryanair Travel Insurance

"I can't see anything sneaky in that!"

Well they could make it clearer. You are looking in a list to select a "country of residence", with the don't insure me option buried in it. A simple don't insure me tick box would be much better.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
36,871 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Ryanair Travel Insurance

It may be in a drop down box, and yes, maybe a tick box would be clearer, but how much clearer does it need to be? They do tell you exactly what to do it you are already insured. It's hardly beyond the wit of man (or maybe it is in the lazy society we seem to be rapidly turning into) to click on a box and select what you're told to select. It's not as if you even have to scroll down to find it. It's right in front of you! If you can't do that are you really intelligent enough to be allowed on the internet unsupervised?

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
22,469 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: Ryanair Travel Insurance

I do think it could be clearer as it is on most other sites. I only found it (I pointed out where it was orignally a few months ago on another thread as it was a bit buried on the countries list, not where I expected to find it) after a bit of a search. Doesn't bother me as I rarely book FR but compared with the competition, if I can't find it immediately, I'd just move on. Not what MOL wants presumably.

(And I've worked a lot on website navigation for lots of enterprises, this is far from best or even B+ in class).

Edited: 11 June 2014, 12:23
Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
9,982 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Ryanair Travel Insurance

When it comes to computers I am a half wit,

I can only just manage to operate one and can do little on it.

I prefer the age of steam.

However even I managed to book flights with Ryanair and found the thing that says " Don`t insure Me "

If I can manage it somebody with a better understanding of these machines and has a few brain cells should be able to do it.

Graham

Travelling The World
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,483 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: Ryanair Travel Insurance

The bottom line is that they could make it easier. I think that's all we are saying.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
22,469 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: Ryanair Travel Insurance

Indeed. And the irony is the old less 'cuddly' website did so with a simple untick right by the insurance option.

MERSEYSIDE
Level Contributor
4,030 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: Ryanair Travel Insurance

I recently booked a flight and I thought that was an odd place to put it too.

Harrogate, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
32 reviews
Save Reply
38. Re: Ryanair Travel Insurance

the drop down box is alphabetical so it is next to denmark, bit of an irish joke i think

London, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
39. Re: Ryanair Travel Insurance

Hello I am booking my fly and I do not want buy insuranse. You have informotion that: if you don't want insuranse tick a box n onsuranse but with selection is only coutry of residents??!!

Please answer on my question because I would like finished my booking. Many thanks with regards

A.S.

Travelling The World
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,483 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
40. Re: Ryanair Travel Insurance

You use the menu to select a country but you choose "Don't insure me" which is after Denmark.