We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Asia - Middle Name required on booking?

Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Topic
Air Asia - Middle Name required on booking?

I have booked a group of people on Air Asia from Perth to Bali and only used the 'First Name' and 'Surname' as per the Air Asia booking form requirements. I've spoken to a few different people about this, and some say you do need to use middle names and others say that you don't! I've contacted Air Asia and they say I need to add all of the names as per the passport so I'm a little annoyed that their booking forms don't state this! I have flown with them once before and used only my first name and surname without a hassle - I just don't want to get to the airport and be slugged with fees to change all of the names on the bookings! Has anyone flown with Air Asia recently and NOT used middle names?

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
20,363 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air Asia - Middle Name required on booking?

I've not flown Air Asia but middle names have never been required on any airline I've ever flown - as long as the first/last names on the ticket match those on the passport then you should be ok.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
33,014 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Air Asia - Middle Name required on booking?

You book using the first name & surname AS PRINTED IN THE PASSPORT.

Don't put "Bob" if the passport name says "Robert" even if "Robert" is his Sunday name and only used by his mother when he's in trouble.

Don't put "James" if the passport name says "Derek" or "Derek James" even if he's known to all and sundry (even his mother) as "James"

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
87,546 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air Asia - Middle Name required on booking?

In some 50 years of travelling by air, I have not once had a ticket that showed my middle name.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
2,329 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Air Asia - Middle Name required on booking?

Don't worry. I've flown Air Asia before without using my middle name.

5. Re: Air Asia - Middle Name required on booking?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2014, 06:17