We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Codeshare, Checkins and Short Transfer time

Waterford, Ireland
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Codeshare, Checkins and Short Transfer time

Hi

Me and my family are traveling to orlando international from dublin on Monday. The flights were all booked via american airlines however the flights to Orlando are a ‘code share’. The first flight is from Dublin to London Gatwick (Aer Lingus) then have 1 hr and 20 min gap before our flight from London Gatwick to Orlando international (British Airways).

We have phoned the airlines but are still not clear how things should work out. It appears that we can not check in online as our first flight is with Aer Lingus this means waiting until we get to the airport. This is fine for the first flight as we can be there in plenty of time. However I am confused and therefore concerned about the Gatwick transfer. If we don’t have boarding passes for that flight will we have time to get from our Aer Lingus flights to the British Airways flight. Also what happens to our luggage?

Any advice would be appreciated

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
21,218 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Codeshare, Checkins and Short Transfer time

That's tight but you should make it - your bags should be checked through and you should get the boarding passes for the BA flight when you check in at Dublin.

Your Aer Lingus flight should arrive at South Terminal and BA should depart from North and you might need the shuttle between them.

gatwickairport.com/at-the-airport/…

Waterford, Ireland
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Codeshare, Checkins and Short Transfer time

Oh so Aer Lingus can check us in on the BA flight? I didn't think that was possible? That certainly will make it smoother......I hope

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
5,148 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Codeshare, Checkins and Short Transfer time

It's a code share flight, so yes, sure. Aer Lingus will check you in for the whole flight and you should also get all boarding passes in Dublin.

4. Re: Codeshare, Checkins and Short Transfer time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2014, 06:16