We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

No.1 VIP Departure Services - BHX - Birmingham

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
50 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
No.1 VIP Departure Services - BHX - Birmingham

Hi there, organizing a large trip for family with a lot of folks, a massive age range and various levels of travel familiarity from frequent traveler to 'never been there'. The potential for chaos and confusion is huge so very keen to use No.1's VIP Departure service....it reads ok but not heard anyone who used it.

We used No.1's lounge at BHX recently and I have to say it was quite impressive but details of the departure service are sketchy. Would be very keen to hear detailed reports of anyone who used it, especially at Birmingham but indeed the other locations.

Exactly how good is it? Do they fast track security effectively? Do they manage travel documentation? And is the baggage side of things effective?

Appreciate any and all data we can get about their service.....booking it for 20 folks is expessive and I'd like to make sure I get it right.

Many thanks in advance

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
3,937 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: No.1 VIP Departure Services - BHX - Birmingham

We have used it and it was brilliant.

lovely surroundings ,good staff etc.

little tip go to Bhx website site and print of any offers to use in the lounge

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
50 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: No.1 VIP Departure Services - BHX - Birmingham

Hi there, thanks for the quick reply.....do you mean you used the VIP Departure service or the lounge? Agree entirely with you, since the departure of BA all those years ago and without access to the Emirates lounge, its the best and freshest lounge at BHX these days, totally agree with you.

But what I'm really meaning is the Departure Service where they meet you out front and fast track you through bag drop off, security etc. Did you try that service? That's the one that I know a lot less about.

Thanks for coming back to me though

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
50 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: No.1 VIP Departure Services - BHX - Birmingham

Back again.......just a thank you about the website suggestion.....is very good advice.

I knew about the offers....was a free £10 burger a couple of months back but have to say I had not checked it since. A good suggestion as there's free fast track through security if you pre-book lounge just now.

All the best

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
3,937 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: No.1 VIP Departure Services - BHX - Birmingham

We just pre booked the lounge.

For the people who get the £10.00 voucher for the burger

Don't give your voucher in for about an hour ,as they bring you small selection of hot food first

There is also hot soup ,fresh fruit, cheese crackers salad and pastries included in the price all self service

5. Re: No.1 VIP Departure Services - BHX - Birmingham

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2014, 06:21