We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomson Dreamliner

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Thomson Dreamliner

Hi everyone, I'm booked for the dreamliner to go to Mexico in December. Iv heard of mixed reviews about premium upgrade do you think it is worth it? It's going to cost £500ish each to upgrade so it a lot of money. Any comments will be greatly received.

1,333 replies to this topic
Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
39,412 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Thomson Dreamliner

<<Premium club is only nine rows of seats>>

Actually the Dreamliner has only 7 rows in Premium Club.

Angie.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
35,280 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Thomson Dreamliner

I doubt anyone in their right mind would pay £500 to sit in a premium seat on a 2 hour flight, but 10 hours is a slightly different matter! Plus, it's not just the pleasure of sitting in a premium seat you're paying for.

Essex
Level Contributor
33 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Thomson Dreamliner

Apologies for hijacking (unfortunate turn of phrase) this thread but we are flying to Tunisia in September and it seems will be on the Dreamliner. We have booked extra legroom seats but we are having difficulty in trying to determine which of these to choose.

Thomson has told me that rows 10 and 30 are the extra legroom but looking on Seat Guru it states that seats 10A and 10J aren't extra legroom although Thomson state they are. I wonder if the door intrudes into the legroom? Can't pick 10B and 10C as that would leave a single seat (10A). Seats 10D, E and F look ok but on Seat Guru it says these are behind the bar? Is the bar that close to be a pain? Same goes for row 30 but substitute the bar for the toilets.

Anybody got any thoughts/experience?

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
35,280 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Thomson Dreamliner

Picture of front row of economy.

http://tinyurl.com/l5wcp4d

As this is also an exit row, it can only be 10 or 30.

http://tinyurl.com/kpwbyov

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
39,412 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Thomson Dreamliner

Yes row 10 A/B/C, D/E/F, G/H/J & 30 B/C, D/E/F, G/H are the Extra Legroom seats on the Dreamliner. there is no bar in front of 10 D/E/F........ 10 A/B/C, D/E/F, G/H/J are behind a bulkhead/divider from Premium Club on the finalized Thomson Dreamliner aircraft. But there are toilets in front of row 30 D/E/F.

30A and 30J are classed as Extra Space seats as the door does intrude into the cabin but is a fair distance away, here is a photo of what it looks like.

http://tinyurl.com/o5ghtqr

Here is the Dreamliner seatplan.

http://tinyurl.com/7v9jksk

Angie.

england
Level Contributor
116 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Thomson Dreamliner

We are going to the Dominican in December and Thomson have just tried to get me to upgrade our seats on the Dreamliner £529 each!!!!!!

Essex
Level Contributor
33 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Thomson Dreamliner

Thanks all.

I'll try and get 10 D/E/F. 10/30 A/J look at bit narrow to me and I'd rather look onto a bulkhead than the toilet!!

I am a little surprised they are using the Dreamliner for such a short flight (2hr 45 mins).

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
39,412 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Thomson Dreamliner

When a new Dreamliner to the Thomson fleet has been delivered it does short/mid haul routes for crew familiarisation, it has just happened with G-TUIA, G-TUIB and G-TUIB.

Angie.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
35,280 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Thomson Dreamliner

They have only got 2 on longhaul until November, so there will be two on short/mid haul until then.

Kent
Level Contributor
6,387 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Thomson Dreamliner

omg, i just looked and they want £449 to upgrade, sorry but anyone who pays that needs there head examining, thats just under half the holiday!!

Reply to: Thomson Dreamliner
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted