We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomson Dreamliner

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Thomson Dreamliner

Hi everyone, I'm booked for the dreamliner to go to Mexico in December. Iv heard of mixed reviews about premium upgrade do you think it is worth it? It's going to cost £500ish each to upgrade so it a lot of money. Any comments will be greatly received.

1,329 replies to this topic
Hull
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
71. Re: Thomson Dreamliner

Yes you can, you just can't use hair straighners etc.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
34,036 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
72. Re: Thomson Dreamliner

According to an airline employee you can plug iPhone/iPad in to power them whilst in use, but you can't leave them plugged in to charge if you're not using them. If the cabin crew become aware that you're not using it they will ask you to unplug it.

Blyth, United...
Level Contributor
327 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
73. Re: Thomson Dreamliner

There is a USB connection at the bottom of your entertainment screen so if your phone can be charged via USB then yes you can. I didn't see an electrical socket anywhere in economy but then again I wasn't looking for one so they may have them in certain seats/areas.

Ramsgate, United...
Level Contributor
288 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
74. Re: Thomson Dreamliner

LeylandSunaddict : "IFE is included, no matter whether premium or economy. I think the Rituals amenity kits are only in premium."

It sure is worth all that extra payment for Premium when you get a tub/tube of face cream!!!

Hugo

West Bridgford...
Level Contributor
75 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
75. Re: Thomson Dreamliner

Premium seems almost completely pointless to me on this aircraft. The seats don't seem all that much better and you get an extra few toiletries that you won't use, and noise cancelling headphones rather than standard ones, which, again you probably won't use if you have your own. Priority check-in will save you a few minutes I'm sure but for £200+ each it's not worth it at all.

My opinion anyway.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
34,036 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
76. Re: Thomson Dreamliner

For us PE is worth it for the extra legroom alone. The smaller quieter cabin, front of the aircraft, extra luggage, plus the separate check in and priority boarding are just a bonus, as are the complimentary drinks.

Ramsgate, United...
Level Contributor
288 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
77. Re: Thomson Dreamliner

Complementary Drinks?

I'll be driving when I get across the pond, - and when I return!

......the thought of turning left when you get on the plane must be worth the extra money!

Hugo

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
34,036 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
78. Re: Thomson Dreamliner

<<I'll be driving when I get across the pond, - and when I return!>>

Not just alcohol.

Ramsgate, United...
Level Contributor
288 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
79. Re: Thomson Dreamliner

£200 for a cup of Coffee?

Hugo

Edited: 11 August 2013, 13:23
West Bridgford...
Level Contributor
75 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
80. Re: Thomson Dreamliner

I feel the same Hugo. To make it worth while you'd need a few beverages during the flight, and as I'll be driving the other side I wouldn't be able to get my money's worth!

There ARE perks, obviously. But I think it's just a bit steep, especially as I don't need to extra legroom. If it was less than £100 each then I'd consider it, but if I remember correctly, it's about £272 to upgrade for us, each. Which, instead of paying that, we're having an extra 2 days on holiday and will still have change to spare!

Being in a quieter and more exclusive cabin would be a good benefit, but we're not on a flight to Magaluf or Ibiza, so I think I'll be able to cope with my fellow passengers.

Reply to: Thomson Dreamliner
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted