We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malaysia airlines, didn't buy seats...... ?

Perth
Destination Expert
for Kuta, Lovina Beach, Singaraja, Baturiti, Bali
Level Contributor
7,747 posts
115 reviews
Save Topic
Malaysia airlines, didn't buy seats...... ?

Booked myself and Flying them in 3 1/2 weeks to Hong Kong from Perth. 2 hour stop in KL.

Then coming back it's a 7 hour stop in KK.

There are 4 of us (3 going over together and 4 coming back together), so I didn't buy seats or that would have been another truck load of money on 4 planes. Think they were $28 each.

Sooo I am taking the chance that we will be allocated seats together. But I cant call for that until 48 hours beforehand. So I will have to sit up until 1am to do it :(

They said I needed to call.....can I not do it/easily online?

Also because it's code share coming back, I have to call, no hope of online apparently....how easy is this from Hong Kong? Really didn't want to use my mobile for calls.

Haven't flown with them before and we really wanted to sit together, being a family.

Thanks for any answers or tips.

Perth
Destination Expert
for Kuta, Lovina Beach, Singaraja, Baturiti, Bali
Level Contributor
7,747 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Malaysia airlines, didn't buy seats...... ?

Thought I would update you all.

I called last night (48 hours before) and not only are we sitting together, we are 3 rows from the front from Perth to KL and then from KL to Hong Kong, we are 3 rows from the front UPSTAIRS.

Very happy and very excited.

Now to have the same luck coming home......

Edited: 20 July 2013, 00:51
Australia
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Malaysia airlines, didn't buy seats...... ?

Glad it worked out well PerthLTT :D have a great trip

13. Re: Malaysia airlines, didn't buy seats...... ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 July 2014, 06:19