We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Name amendment in flight ticket

Island of Malta...
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Name amendment in flight ticket

I have booked a flight to Milan Malpensa airport, When I booked with easy jet I gave my wife's name as Valerie, on her passport, her name is Valeria, Can somebody illuminate me if i'll encounter problems at the airport regarding name. Going through Easyjet help site it states that spelling errors are not charged for any changes, however I have my doubts as my request may be interpreted as name change and will be charged any way.

Thanks for your replies.

Joe

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
12,804 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Name amendment in flight ticket

Call easyJet, they'll change it for you free-of-charge.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
42 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Name amendment in flight ticket

I would say its very unlikely that it would be picked up and cause you a problem. However to be safe, I would call easyjet and ask them to change it which they should do without any issues. If you were changing it from Valerie to Julie for example you would have to pay the fee but a small error like yours should be fine.

Edited: 30 June 2013, 16:49
Island of Malta...
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Name amendment in flight ticket

Thanks For your replies.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Name amendment in flight ticket

Contact Easyjet, they will put a note on the booking so you don't have a problem at check in.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
12,804 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Name amendment in flight ticket

They won't put a note, they'll simply correct the name.

Canada
Level Contributor
9,013 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Name amendment in flight ticket

You must have it changed to the correct spelling to match the Passport.....charge or no charge.

It is extremely likely they will "pick it up"You will not want to have to purchase a new ticket at that point in order to fly.

Madrid
Level Contributor
3,200 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Name amendment in flight ticket

You will not need to purchase a new ticket.As Lex says,call Easyjet and they will correct the spelling.

Island of Malta...
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Name amendment in flight ticket

Thank you all for your advice, I just phoned easy jet and and they rectified this error, without payiing any cent, not only that but an email with the correct name was received instantly. Top notch marks for customer service :-)

Island of Malta...
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Name amendment in flight ticket

Thanks your advice was really helpful.

10. Re: Name amendment in flight ticket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 July 2014, 06:19