We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Turkish Airlines, impossible to select a seat online?

Hanoi, Vietnam
2 posts
Save Topic
Turkish Airlines, impossible to select a seat online?

In January I bought a ticket to a Turkish Airlines flight. The flight will be in August. At the time of the purchase it was not possible to select a seat to the flight because there were more than 90 days between purchase and flight times. Now, it is less than 90 days, and I cannot find out any information how to select a seat... When I log on to my reservation page, there seems to be nothing about seats. When purchasing the ticket, there was a note that there must be minimum of 90 days to the flight before seat can be selected.

Also, when I bought the ticket, I also bought a ticket to a flight which was in February. I selected seat for that flight (online) with no problems at all (during purchasing procedure).

It seems that seat selection works only, if there is less than 90 days to a flight when you make the reservation. Later on it is impossible. Or does anybody have other kind of experience?

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Turkish Airlines, impossible to select a seat online?

I suggest you call the airline.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
13,561 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Turkish Airlines, impossible to select a seat online?

Only flew them once. We called them and they gave us a seat assignment.

3. Re: Turkish Airlines, impossible to select a seat online?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 July 2014, 05:19