We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Qatar airways. Cancelled or not??

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Topic
Qatar airways. Cancelled or not??

Hi

I was after some advice. On 11th June I excitedly booked 4 tickets direct with Qatar airways MAN - MEL for Oct after reading some good reviews. Flights were confirmed, payment taken and e-tickets issued.

I went onto 'manage my booking' last Wednesday and chose our seats, everything seemed fine.

However I went on MMB last night and there was an error message on the screen stating that there has been a change to my schedule and that one or more of my flights have been cancelled, and to contact them for a refund or to amend my booking. The same flights are still available on the website.

I contacted the reservation team today who said I was still booked on the flights and I asked why I recieved this msg, he said he wasn't sure and that maybe it was because the flight codes are changing from 1st Oct. My itinerary now shows flights MAN - DOH twice but no DOH - MEL. The return journey is ok.

Has anyone else experienced this? Can't help feeling a little dubious...

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Qatar airways. Cancelled or not??

Qatar Airways are not known for having the world's best IT department. At the moment they are changing booking classes for flights after October 1 to conform with OW booking classes.

My flights in September/October is also missing a leg, but when I click on 'view details' the leg is there. I will not be bothered for a week or 2. Flight number changes should start from 27OCT13.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Qatar airways. Cancelled or not??

Thanks!

It was just a bit strange that the message said it had cancelled my flight and that leg wasn't showing up anymore. I fly out just before then on 18th Oct.

Also my transit time is only 1hr 5mins, I've previously read that providing my incoming flight isn't delayed, it should be enough time. However if it is delayed and we miss the connecting flight do Qatar provide accommodation? I think there is only one MEL flight per day and 24hours in an airport with two children is not ideal ;)

England
Level Contributor
168 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Qatar airways. Cancelled or not??

I have the same problem with a couple of QR flights home from SIN this autumn. I've rung QR reservations who apologised for the wobble & confirmed it's because of updates to the QR booking system due to impending membership of OneWorld on Oct 1st.

The helpful chap on the other end of the phone has reconfirmed my flights as per the original itinerary & advised checking back in a week or so to make sure the system has settled down.

I hope it does because one of the 'wobbles' has me in Y instead of F!!!

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Qatar airways. Cancelled or not??

It's a relief to know its not just my booking and that there is a problem with the system. The poor guy I spoke too, seemed a bit unsure of what he was saying and I wasn't too sure if he was trying to fob me off with an excuse. I will double check in a week or so, thanks!

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
211 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Qatar airways. Cancelled or not??

Flying with Qatar o/b November- rtn December- thought I'd better check my MMB.....and yes I've got same messages regarding flight cancellations etc.

What is there now doesn't really make much sense! It appears we are flying twice out of MAN on the same day and fight, only one is called the Return flight!!!

I'm inclined to leave a day or two before panicking. Or do you think I should contact them?

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Qatar airways. Cancelled or not??

I would wait a week or 2.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,496 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Qatar airways. Cancelled or not??

I would also wait a couple of weeks as it's obvious ther'e something wrong with their IT

England
Level Contributor
168 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Qatar airways. Cancelled or not??

Update:

After contact with the helpful QR chap this morning my flights, as seen on QR website MMB, now back as originally booked.

(Also: When viewed via checkmytrip.com the flights were showing as 'unconfirmed'. Now showing as 'confirmed' once more).

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Qatar airways. Cancelled or not??

My MMB has been restored too :)

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
211 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Qatar airways. Cancelled or not??

Lucky you.........

As of 8.50 this morning - mine still a load of rubbish !!!!!!!!

Edited: 02 July 2013, 08:52