We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thai Airlines advice

Andover, United...
Level Contributor
829 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Thai Airlines advice

Hi we are travelling to sydney this coming thurday with Thai Airlines with a 2 hour stop

Has anyone used Thai Airlines before and if so how was your experience.

Ive also seen people saying Thai Airlines have free food and drinks on flight but as ive not travelled with them iam not sure.

Kerikeri, New...
Level Contributor
5,763 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thai Airlines advice

Thai Airlines are comparable with Malaysian or Korean. I have only travelled Business Class , but i AM SURE economy passengers also get "free" food and beverages.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
34,866 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thai Airlines advice

I am sure that food and drinks are free, it is a full service airline..I used them last year to Melbourne, but like hemikiwi, I went business class.

uk
Level Contributor
2,686 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thai Airlines advice

Yes you get food and drink for free in economy I liked Thai airlines I would use them again.

Deb

Andover, United...
Level Contributor
829 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thai Airlines advice

Thanks for your fast replys on this post

Couldnt really afford to upgrade to business class

Do the seats in economy look ok for leg room

Also do they have decent entertainment and are the screens on back of sests or justva few tvs dotted around

Sorry to ask so many questions not had anytime to plan this trip as we only decided to travel sunday just gone

Going to watch the Lions in Sydney

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
215 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thai Airlines advice

Thai really isn't comparable to Malaysian, Thai is more in same league as British Airways or KLM. Malaysian have a much better product in line with Singapore Airlines.

That said I've done a few flights with Thai Airlines and they have been cheap (er than Air Asia), pleasant, friendly crew and meal and drinks provided free. The A300's are getting on a bit though.

Southport, Australia
Level Contributor
1,407 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thai Airlines advice

They are my favorite airline.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thai Airlines advice

I assume you mean Thai Airways;-)

uk
Level Contributor
2,686 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thai Airlines advice

Yes your own tv on back of seat, leg room is ok but I'm only 5'3 tbh don't worry about it you are going to see the Lions, shame the skipper is out he supports Spurs lol Thai are a nice airline to fly with I went in economy to Bangkok and had no issues much preferred Thai to Emirates, did have to show the credit card at checkin that I booked flights with so don't forget that.

Deb

Kerikeri, New...
Level Contributor
5,763 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thai Airlines advice

Yes it's true that Thai can use older aircraft.

I compared them to Malaysian Airlines ( which is not at all like Singapore airlines) , as I flew with them from Bangkok to Zurich, which used a new aircraft, and in my experience very similar to Malaysian or Korean airlines. ( in business class at least) .I have flown with all 3.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,297 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Thai Airlines advice

Not comparable in Business class if comparing to Korean Air - angle flat seats from SYD/MEL-BKK especially.

Likewise Malaysian as well.