We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Only one hour to transfer through CDG - enough?

Argyll, Scotland
Level Contributor
65 posts
89 reviews
Save Topic
Only one hour to transfer through CDG - enough?

My sister is in a panic because she only has one hour to transfer at CDG. Looks like her arriving and departing flights will both be in Terminal 2 as she'll be arriving on Air France and departing on KLM. Looks like Terminal 2 is also quite large.

She is flying USA to Paris to Amsterdam to Glasgow. Another question on the forum indicates that she won't have to go through immigration in Paris. True? If so, when will she go through immigration?

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Only one hour to transfer through CDG - enough?

Is she in transit all the way to Glasgow? Then immigration in Glasgow - else in Paris.

There are 6 terminal 2 terminals - A-F.

Argyll, Scotland
Level Contributor
65 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Only one hour to transfer through CDG - enough?

Her final destination is Glasgow.

Blyth, United...
Level Contributor
330 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Only one hour to transfer through CDG - enough?

That's a very tight connection but she may make it if no delays. Whether her luggage makes it or not is another matter, CDG is notorious for luggage not making the connection on shorter transfer times. Good luck

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
88,250 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Only one hour to transfer through CDG - enough?

She would have to go through Schengen exit Passport Control in Paris, then UK entry at Glasgow.

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
8,783 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Only one hour to transfer through CDG - enough?

As you sister is flying from CDG to AMS she will have to enter Schengen area, ie go through immigration at CDG. Some one else should be able to say if she has enough time for this. But it sounds tight. She is reliant on her inbound flight being on time.

She will have to exit Schengen at AMS and pass through UK immigration in GLA. The flight from CDG to AMS will be a domestic flight, AMS to GLA international.

Are these flight all on one ticket? If so her connections will be protected, if she misses a flight she will be put on the next AVAILABLE flight. If she has booked seperate tickets she bears all the risk. If she misses a flight she will be a no show and the whole ticket will be cancelled. She will be required to buy a new ticket.

Hope all goes well for her, it's a tortuous journey, hope her luggage makes it as well.

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
Level Contributor
4,715 posts
539 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Only one hour to transfer through CDG - enough?

Because of the CDG-AMS leg, Schengen immigration will take place in Paris. AF flight will arrive at CDG 2E or 2F and KLM will leave from 2F. So tight connection but doable. If she is on one single ticket, no worries though since she would be put on the next available flight should she miss her connection because of a delay.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
90 posts
891 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Only one hour to transfer through CDG - enough?

You may also look to see the when the next flights to AMS are scheduled. If you miss your connection you may be able to go in the next few hours.

Milford, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,497 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Only one hour to transfer through CDG - enough?

That's a tight connection but doable if all the stars are aligned! I've made it with a 50 minute connection but that involved some running...... if your inbound flight is late or there is a line at passport control, it's going to be tough. I like to give myself at least 1.5 hours in Paris to connect. Good Luck!

Argyll, Scotland
Level Contributor
65 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Only one hour to transfer through CDG - enough?

Thanks everybody! Yes, it is on one ticket and the agent my sister used said one hour would be no problem. I'm doubtful.

I'm going to tell her to contact the airline and see if she can catch a later flight.

10. Re: Only one hour to transfer through CDG - enough?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 July 2014, 06:19