We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Virgin online checkin

Level Contributor
199 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Virgin online checkin

I'm trying to organise connecting flights for next year. I need to travel to london the day before our virgin flight departs. Can anyone tell me when online checkin commences for my flight that will depart at 11.10am - will it be 11.10am the day before? Thank you.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,590 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Virgin online checkin

Usually at least 24 hours before departure.

Level Contributor
199 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Virgin online checkin

So, could it open earlier than the 24 hours, is this common practice - we havent flown with virgin using online checkin befoe, just done the turn up at the airport bit!

London, United...
Level Contributor
867 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Virgin online checkin

I typed "virgin olci" into google, and the first hit gave me this :

==============================================

Online check in opens 24 hours before the scheduled departure of the flight and closes 2 hours before.*

==============================================

https:/…index.jsp

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
17,394 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Virgin online checkin

It only opens 24 hours before your flight.

You can, of course, always just turn up at the airport but if you have pre-selected seats and not checked into them online, they may well have gone by then.

Level Contributor
199 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Virgin online checkin

If i check in online, do i need to print off the boarding passes? When we do BA flights i always print them off, but as we might be in transit, that might prove difficult:/

West Midlands...
Level Contributor
156 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Virgin online checkin

You can print the boarding passes off but I don't think you have to- they can print them for you at the bag drop at the airport. On some occasions, it lets you check in online but won't let you print the boarding passes. These are then issued at the airport.

West Midlands...
Level Contributor
156 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Virgin online checkin

You can print the boarding passes off but I don't think you have to- they can print them for you at the bag drop at the airport. On some occasions, it lets you check in online but won't let you print the boarding passes. These are then issued at the airport.

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
17,394 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Virgin online checkin

No you do not need to print off your boarding passes. We never do. They will issue them to you at the check-in desk. The few times in the past when we did print them, they tore them up at the check-in desk and issued new ones?!

Edited: 05 July 2013, 22:00
Level Contributor
199 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Virgin online checkin

Brill, thats solved a problem:) thanks everyone:)

10. Re: Virgin online checkin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 July 2014, 05:18