We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BA Breakfast on domestic flight

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
BA Breakfast on domestic flight

We are travelling NCL-LHR next February on BA1325 which departs at 9:40am, arriving into LHR at 11:05 and were wondering what food can we expect on this flight, if any? Not really sure what the cut off point is for the breakfast with BA now?

Thanks

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
36,517 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: BA Breakfast on domestic flight

I believe the hot breakfast service finishes at 9 a.m. so for your flight you will only get complimentary snacks and drinks. The snack will probably be a choice of chocolate biscuits, a small packet of crisps or a bag of mixed nuts.

Edited: 04 July 2013, 12:42
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
13,394 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: BA Breakfast on domestic flight

I thought hot breakfast was served only on domestic flights from Scotland? In any case, I'm 99% sure the cut-off point for this is 10am.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: BA Breakfast on domestic flight

I flew intwrnally at 1025 a few weeks back and got a small packet of crisps about half the size of a normal crisp packet. So eat first or bring a sandwich :-)

London, United...
Level Contributor
223 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: BA Breakfast on domestic flight

Blimey, next February - thats forward planning :)

The cut off for breakfast is 9.30am - so you miss the hot baguette by 10 mins, and its a drink, and crisps, nuts or biscuits to stave off hunger !

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
13,394 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: BA Breakfast on domestic flight

Managed to dig up this guide from the FT forum. I can't say for sure if it's still accurate though. Indeed breakfast finishes at 9.30am.

flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executiv…

Edited: 04 July 2013, 13:43
Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
14,190 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: BA Breakfast on domestic flight

I'm surprised they would have time to serve breakfast on such a short flight!

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: BA Breakfast on domestic flight

I remember the days when you got a full English on the London to Edinburgh route until lunchtime.

uk
Level Contributor
3,608 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: BA Breakfast on domestic flight

Flothed between LHR and Scotland still serve a hot full breakfast.

Flothed between other UK airports, like Man and Ncl serve a hot breakfast panini.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,190 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: BA Breakfast on domestic flight

I'm surprised they would have time to serve breakfast on such a short flight!

------------

They do a hot breakfast on CDG, AMS and JER. The latter is only about 30mins flight time sometimes if a shade less. If the Club Europe cabin goes back quite a way watching the crews get 60+ meals out and all other aspects of the CE service is very impressive. Quite the operation!

10. Re: BA Breakfast on domestic flight

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 July 2014, 05:17