We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Copa Airlines

Crystal Lake...
Level Contributor
25 posts
96 reviews
Save Topic
Copa Airlines

Has anyone ever flown Copa Airlines, and if so, what is your opinion? We are considering booking a flight from Chicago to Quito, Ecuador on Copa. Thank you.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Copa Airlines

Have alook at thr reviews here:

http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/copa.htm

Edited: 04 July 2013, 21:36
Crystal Lake...
Level Contributor
25 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Copa Airlines

Thank you

kentucky
Level Contributor
5,897 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Copa Airlines

If Lan is an option, you might want to consider over Copa. Lan has quite a good reputation. Only flew Copa 2 X and very ordinary aircraft and service.

Edited: 04 July 2013, 22:04
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,644 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Copa Airlines

Copa looks like it will be the best in terms of the fact you only have one stop. Price wise they will likely be better as well.

An LAN ticket will route you via Miami and then Lima/Santiago.

American Airlines would be another option via MIA.

Arizona
Level Contributor
3 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Copa Airlines

I flew Copa from Vegas (they just started service there) to Colombia in June. LOVED Copa. Nice new airplane, just like a United plane but different name and logo. Comfortable and very helpful crew. PLUS--baggage allowance is very generous (2 free checked bags for international). I'll fly them again.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Copa Airlines

My family flew Copa over the holidays, returning to Boston from Panama on January 4th. On Monday the 6th, Copa contacted us to let us know that my daughter had left her Kindle on the plane and that they were holding it for us at Logan Airport. We have previously left items on planes and have seen them again. So we were thrilled by Copa's customer service.

And aside from this excellent surprise, we loved flying them. Nothing fancy, but they were on time, with comfortable seats, good food and friendly staff at check-in and on the plane.

Muchas Gracias, Copa!

Boise, Idaho
Level Contributor
4 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Copa Airlines

We just flew Copa on Sept 26, 2014. What a great airline- they could teach companies in the USA a few things! From helpful folks at the desk, they then loaded from the back of the plane (something I have always thought would be logical), the breakfast was FREE and came with Real silverware, the movies/TV/Games were also free. Made for the best flying experience we have ever had.

Crystal Lake...
Level Contributor
25 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Copa Airlines

Thanks for the reply. We did fly Copa last April on a trip to the Galapagos Islands and Machu Picchu. I agree, a great airline with great service. Glad you had a great experience as well.

Paul

9. Re: Copa Airlines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2015, 05:16