We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone used lastminute.com.au to book flights?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Has anyone used lastminute.com.au to book flights?

DO NOT book a the flight UL2340 from Sydney connecting with UL0319 in Colombo on to London flight UL0503 through lastminute.com.au

Here’s my story:

My work circumstances changed recently so I was able to fly to England to attend a one off family reunion party. No problem getting back with Singapore airlines frequent flyer points. It being peak season going to Europe getting there was a bit tricky. We went to lastminute.com.au. Voila! A flight going to London with Malaysia and Sri Lankan Airways. At all goes horribly wrong at Sydney airport. The Air Malaysia check in say I do not exist on their computer. I phoned lastminute.com.au got put on hold for 30 minutes eventually got a call from them. After much conversation was told to go and try another airline. Hello it’s 9pm all the flights have gone. Sorry no happy ending. I missed the party. Malaysia/Sri Lankan airways and lastminute.com.au. I hope you are satisfied! Not only do I want a total refund I believe I should be compensated for train, taxi fares and mental cruelty.

The flight is still on the lastminute.com.au website!!!

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
Level Contributor
8,787 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone used lastminute.com.au to book flights?

Presumably, many people have. Consistent recommendations here are to book directly with the airlines.

Next time, please make your title fit the nature of your comment.

Edited: 09 July 2013, 02:03
2. Re: Has anyone used lastminute.com.au to book flights?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2014, 06:19