We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seat reservation advice

Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Seat reservation advice

Hi

I am flying as a family of four : 2 adults 2 children 7 and 3. I am being charged £7.50 per seat to reserve each way eg £15 per person. I am considering on reserving my children a seat each, one row in front of another but not my wife and I.

I figure that they will HAVE to seat my wife and I next to each child due to their age. Thus saving £30 overall!

Any help/advice/experience with regards if this is a good idea or not would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Rikki

UK
Level Contributor
6,415 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seat reservation advice

You're not telling us which airline this is...

And have you tried reserving seats just for part of your party? I can imagine that reservations systems may not necessarily allow this.

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seat reservation advice

so thirty quid is too much to pay for the certainty of sitting next to your children.

o well......

Melbourne
Level Contributor
1,410 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seat reservation advice

What will you do if you aren't seated next to your children? What if other people allocate and pay for the seats next to them so they're not free for you at check in?

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
35,280 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seat reservation advice

I'm guessing Thomas Cooks? They certainly don't have to sit you next to either of your children and if you allocate just the children seats for the sake of saving a few quid, you run the risk of them sitting next to another couple. What's to stop someone else paying to choose the seats next to your children? Your choice. I know what I'd do. If you choose not to, please don't expect other people to move to accommodate your wish to be with your children.

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
14,945 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Seat reservation advice

I really think you should pay to reserve the seats so you can be sure that you will be sitting with your children.

Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Seat reservation advice

Hi all

Thank you all for the advice. My query was as a matter of principal as I feel that airlines are taking advantage of families.

It is the first time we are traveling as a four so we will take the advice and prebook.

Thank you all

7. Re: Seat reservation advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 July 2014, 06:16