We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Berlin, Germany Tegel Airport- time to arrive before flight

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Berlin, Germany Tegel Airport- time to arrive before flight

I'm flying from Tegel airport to Edinburgh on a BA flight that departs at 04:55 a.m. (1) what time do I need to get to Tegel for my 04:55 a.m. British Air flight? (2) What is the best way to get from my hotel in downtown Berlin for the 04:55 a.m. flight? All suggestions & recommendations are appreciated. Salty Dog

Quebec City
Level Contributor
612 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Berlin, Germany Tegel Airport- time to arrive before flight

Tegel is a small airport, but I would still arrive about 2 hours in advance. But that's just me, maybe locals would say that less is fine as well.

As for transport to the airport, it really is impossible to tell without knowing where your hotel is. Berlin is a huge city, and doesn't really have such a thing as a "downtown" IMHO (In fact, it pretty much still has two), and buses to the airport will vary based on where you are. Of course, you can also arrange for a taxi, the hotel should be able to get one for you, even in the middle of the night.

2. Re: Berlin, Germany Tegel Airport- time to arrive before flight

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 July 2014, 06:17