We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Edinburgh airport parking

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,018 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Edinburgh airport parking

Can anyone tell me the name of the Edinburgh airport carpark which is just past the Hilton? Can never remember which is which and I know one is tiny, cramped and stressful!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
92 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Edinburgh airport parking

The main BAA long stay parking is right next to the hilton, but there is also NCP on the same road, closer to the motorway....not sure which one you are referencing....

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,018 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Edinburgh airport parking

Ah I think it is NCP, is BCP on the opposite side?

Musselburgh
Level Contributor
1 post
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Edinburgh airport parking

Try Plane Parking Meet & Greet, seems too good to be true.

Covered, secure parking right next to the terminal building.

Ho Chi Minh City...
Destination Expert
for Cologne, Laos
Level Contributor
9,016 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Edinburgh airport parking

If you are looking at the long stay car park next to the Hilton don't be surprised about the latest price hike now. Without pre-booking it is now £15 a day!!!

The one closer to the dual carriageway is the Scotpark Long Stay.

There are two long stay car parks at Ingliston Road that offer good prices when booking ahead.

Paisley, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
126 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Edinburgh airport parking

We used Plane Parking at Edinburgh Airport in June 2013. We parked in the Long Stay NCP Car Park which is 2 or 3 minutes from the terminal. At the car park there was number plate recognition which resulted in automatic entry and card use on exit. There was a frequent bus service to a bus stop right outside the terminal building. The price was much less than NCP for exactly the same facility. I sugget booking at least 2 weeks in advance as it is much cheaper. Definitely recommended at Edinburgh Airport.

Motherwell, United...
Level Contributor
3,722 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Edinburgh airport parking

Wherever we park we always use the Carfinder App which if set allows you find your car in the dark etc.

A very useful tool after you've been on holiday for a week or two.

Regards

Jim

Perth, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Edinburgh airport parking

We used Plane Parking meet and greet What a service It is really excellent Its easy to find ,number plate recognition then up to the parking area where we were met immediately,sign the form and we were away across the road to check in On return it was just as good We were away home in minutes It is so worth it at the price it is just now Brilliant service

Kirkcaldy
Level Contributor
618 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Edinburgh airport parking

We found that getting an Ellis taxi from Kirkcaldy to the airport and back was about £90 and about the same as parking in BAA car park. I am now able to have a drink on plane home and do not worry about having to drive the 25 miles when tired.

Edited: 20 October 2013, 21:17
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,018 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Edinburgh airport parking

Hiya Marion, fellow kdy girl :-) I first posted this question in July, been on two holidays since and travelled with taxi travel, based up at chapel home farm, both times. I completely agree with you, dont think i'll ever use an airport car park again, taxi not toooo much more expensive, it means you can relax, you dont need to drive after arriving home, and your holiday starts on your doorstep rather than at check in. Im a converted taxi traveller for my holidays now, sometimes im happy to pay for relaxation and convenience :-)

Carnoustie, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
158 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Edinburgh airport parking

Watch out for steep overstay payments!

Used Edinburgh Airport Valet Parking. Due to a flight delay in Lima and subsequent missed connections, arrived 14 hours late.

Was charged for over time, which I expected. However, £24 for 14 hours excess parking was steep!

Seems that this is how Empark make a good profit when they initially offer a competitive parking rate.