We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it my imagination or

Southport, Australia
Level Contributor
1,439 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Is it my imagination or

is K.L.I.A. efficient in all areas? A dream to use, coming in and leaving, no queues at immigration. Or was it just my lucky day. I bet it will be different when I land at LHR later today!

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it my imagination or

most major Asian airports are like that.

Bangkok
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it my imagination or

KLIA ( KUL ) is very efficient and of course now Immigration is 'so fast' as no arrival cards to be completed or checked and they use the finger print scan, also love the small bar-code type of sticker in passport so once you have that it takes just seconds to go through.

First time you get one they obviously imput all your details but once you have that they scan and of course everything I suppose is up on their screens, finger scan - takes just seconds for whole process, hence any queues are minimal

My only negative is having to go up and down in transit area when you want a drink or eats, I always seem to be looking for the way up or way down :) LOL

If you think KUL is fast try Subang ( SZB ) probably the fastest from plane to outside ever :) Brilliant

I agree with Lien most are quite good and by what we read on this forum in many other parts of the world it can take hours. Glad I never fly there anymore.

Edited: 17 July 2013, 03:54
Bangkok
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is it my imagination or

Naej - will be interesting if you compare the 2 - hope it does not take too long

Islington
Level Contributor
1,922 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is it my imagination or

The length of queues at immigration in any country will partly be governed by the number of people who want to get into that country to live and work. The UK has never had such pressure from people eager to enter, sometimes illegally if necessary. Is it really so surprising that immigration is lengthier in countries that are attractive to immigrants than in those that, while pleasant to visit, do not tend to be the sort of places where many migrants are interested in settling?

5. Re: Is it my imagination or

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 17 July 2013, 13:05
norfolk
Level Contributor
7,669 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is it my imagination or

without being racially prejudiced in any way, the overall efficiency of an airport depends, to a certain extent, upon the characteristics of the majority of users.

in certain countries, despite a huge number of information signs, and helpful people posted along the way, the majority of passengers need to be told individually [yes, every single one] to take out laptop and remove all jewellery. when jewellery is about 40 bangles needing ky gel to remove.

the populations of malaysia, singapore, thailand and hong kong seem generally compliant when travelling. they do as they are told, queues move faster, and everything goes smoothly. i frequently make an international [satellite] to internal [terminal] connection within one hour including immigration at k.l.i.a. and my bags make it too.

though, being a veteran on this forum, i am always prepared for that not to be the case!

Italy
Level Contributor
39,496 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is it my imagination or

Sometimes I think it's a matter of luck, sometimes I'm out of Heathrow in 20 minutes and sometimes it's over an hour and of course the time of day makes a difference and how many flights land at the same time and on a bad day if you get stuck in the queue with someone that doesn't completely convince the staff that they're entering for a holiday.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
3,167 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is it my imagination or

KLIA, like LCCT, can sometimes be horrendous. I've seen queues snaking around those

pesky dividers and tired tourists getting frustrated!

Edited: 17 July 2013, 15:18
Southport, Australia
Level Contributor
1,439 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is it my imagination or

Actually LHR was not too bad, prob because I used my newly reinstated U.K. Passport with chip, actually dead easy. Had to battle steps and stairs at tube stations abit, but never mind I am now in London for 3 weeks yippee.

sydney australia
Level Contributor
3,665 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is it my imagination or

Each time I have passed thru the LCCT at KUL it has been simple and straight forward and without drama - while the terminal is a makeshift and soon to be replaced - it has always worked for us