We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oman Air - Good business class?

essex england
Level Contributor
257 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
Oman Air - Good business class?

We are travelling to Maldives from Heathrow in early October with Oman Air in business class. Really looking forward to it but would like some feedback from anybody who has done this recently. What is the business class lounge like in Muscat? Is the quality of service commendable or just OK? All info. greatly received. Thanks

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Oman Air - Good business class?

http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/oman.htm

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
14,419 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Oman Air - Good business class?

The Oman Air Business lounge at Seeb is excellent with good food and drinks including alcohol and overlooks the apron. Business class is boarded last and you will be called when ready

The current airport is quite compact with a decent DF but no airbridges but Business/First have their own coach.

Service and f&b on board in Business class is very good and the A330 on the LHR/MCT sector are fairly new

Enjoy

SS

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Oman Air - Good business class?

Very nice lounge, transfer to and from planes is easy , Oman Air is excellent, their Business Class is as good ( or better ) than some First Class out there

Torquay, Australia
Level Contributor
27 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Oman Air - Good business class?

We are also travelling with Oman Air in November and really quite excited about it. When we booked via Travel Agent she was quite surprised that we actually asked for Oman Air and although she is a fabulous TA knew very little about them. We are her first booking on them and is very interested for our feedback on our return.I had been collecting various information on them via many forum discussions and the one comment that is reiterated over and over again is that their business class is more like first class and their business class seating looks fabulous. My only negative is the short layover between flights which will not give us enough time to enjoy their lounge and it's facilities.

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
14,419 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Oman Air - Good business class?

You might like this as well

omanair.com/information-services/our-cabins/…

Penarth, United...
Level Contributor
1,316 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Oman Air - Good business class?

The answer is yes - Oman Air business class is hard to beat and the lounge in Muscat is excellent. It was quite busy when we were there but they handled it well and made every guest feel special. We hoped to use it for our next trip but their fares have increased considerably. I think they now realise how good they are!

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Oman Air - Good business class?

Yes as often said the Business Class is quite honestly 'superb' - I go between Bangkok and Muscat every few months and always rate them 10/10 - you will have a lovely flight :)

You'll like this , 1 minute promo clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoi5oVzxNbE

Edited: 18 July 2013, 02:55
8. Re: Oman Air - Good business class?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 18 July 2013, 13:05
lewes uk
Level Contributor
9,078 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Oman Air - Good business class?

Hi Graham,

Just to echo the comments here about Oman Biz class, it's a really excellent product, one of the best. I travel 1st with Thai a lot and tbh the front cabin on the Oman 330s is almost identical to the Thai 1st on the 340s, if anything the seat and AVOD is better. Food is always pretty good. I also flew recently biz on one of there 737s from MCT to Colombo, the seat is not a patch on the 330 seat but ok for the few hours to Male. Business Class lounge at Muscat is good, and comfortable.

Cheers

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
5,024 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Oman Air - Good business class?

I can recommend Oman Air C class. It is very good for the price. Check in is what lets them down. The service company they use e.g. in MUC couldnt organize a wheelchaur at short notice. Lounge in MCT is very good.

If you fly the same route repeatedly you get a repeat in menu choice. CAs are hit and miss. Some come over very unprofessional, purser never shows his/her face. Other flights they are fantastic.

All in all a good product. Enjoy your flight.