We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BA Companion Vouchers

London
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
BA Companion Vouchers

Are BA companion vouchers only redeemable when booking seats with Avios?

The exact wording I have from BA is "simply book a reward seat for yourself, and receive a second seat in the same flight in the same cabin"

This seems to exclude the possibility of using the voucher against a cash booking.

Is is possible to use the voucher to book two seats in WT+ with cash, use Avios to upgrade one to CW and use the voucher to upgrade the other to CW?

Thanks

Jon

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,356 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: BA Companion Vouchers

Must be when using Avios and for straight redemption bookings. Can't be for upgrades.

London
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: BA Companion Vouchers

Please could you explain how these differ?

I guess by straight redemption, you mean exchange Avios for flight and pay only taxes etc?

By using Avios, wood this include a cash plus points booking?

Thanks

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for St. Barthelemy
Level Contributor
1,567 posts
541 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: BA Companion Vouchers

I concur with the advice from OP2002

uk
Level Contributor
3,693 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: BA Companion Vouchers

I too believe that it has to be a 100% Avios booking, no upgrades or cash plus Avios bookings.

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: BA Companion Vouchers

From what I remember of the booking process, when you select book using miles there is a box showing your companion voucher. Tick this and you use the voucher.

If you choose the upgrade or pay part with cash, the voucher box is not show so can't be used.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,569 posts
322 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: BA Companion Vouchers

You should look at the specific T&Cs for companion vouchers which BA has on its website:

"The Travel Together Ticket (voucher) allows the main BA/Chase account holder, when making a return flight booking using Avios, to book another seat on the exact same journey for a companion without having to pay the Avios flight price for that Companion. Taxes, airline, government, or other separately charged fees and charges must be paid by Member redeeming the voucher and is payable at time of booking.

We've redeemed a few, the ONLY way is to select to use the voucher when making an Avios reward booking in the class you choose/have enough points for.

not possible to do what the OP wants

7. Re: BA Companion Vouchers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 July 2014, 05:18