We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

changed connecting flight date & timings not reflected.

Chennai (Madras...
2 posts
Save Topic
changed connecting flight date & timings not reflected.

Hi Advisors,

I have booked a ticket in thai airways from chennai-melbourne, which has two connecting flights from bangok. One has transit time over 17 hours and the other one has around 2 hours. Initially i booked a flight with 17 hours long haul at bangok, then considering the money & time spent on transit visa i decided to change my connecting flight to the other one with 2 hours transit. Originally i booked my ticket through an agent but the flight date change was done by direct Thai airways. They immediately mailed me the new itinerary but when i fetched my e-ticket through the agent site/thai airways website it is till showing the old connecting flight time. Kindly help me on this with your suggestion.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
62,055 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: changed connecting flight date & timings not reflected.

Call the agent. Perhaps since they originally booked the ticket you would have needed them to also book the change. OR Call Thai Airlines. Someone at one of those 2 places should know.

Chennai (Madras...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: changed connecting flight date & timings not reflected.

i already called the agent and they are clueless... got to contact airline office. Anyway thanx for the reply

I have a doubt, airline office has given me an eticket with the changes but the master record of the ticket still showing the old one. is this a regular one? will they issue boarding pass only by the ticket i'm providing(obviously i'll provide the changed one) or they refer the orginal master ticket?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
42 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: changed connecting flight date & timings not reflected.

Give it a day or two, then log onto Thai airway's website to check again. Your new itinerary should be updated by then. The same thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago. My flight was supposed to be SIN-BOM-JFK, then the online agent dropped me an email saying that my flight schedule have been changed to SIN-MAA-BOM-JFK. I panicked initially as there was still no change on my itinerary even after I have confirmed with the agent. It took 2 days for them to update the itinerary. =)

4. Re: changed connecting flight date & timings not reflected.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 July 2014, 06:17