We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

American Airlines Citi Platinum Card

Middletown, Delaware
Level Contributor
227 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
American Airlines Citi Platinum Card

Hello,

So I am planning on getting my first credit card. I have several trips planned over the next year (Hawaii, Panamå, Galápagos). With this in mind, I thought that the AA Citi Platinum Card would be a good way to go.

Does anyone know if I can get the benefit of free checked baggage if it is an international flight, but the first leg of the trip is domestic?

For example, I will have my first layover in Miami when flying to the Galåpagos.

In general, what does everyone think/know about this card?

Thanks!

gq.com/news-politics/…

Burnt Hills, New...
Level Contributor
142 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: American Airlines Citi Platinum Card

Love the journey with great travel benefits such as:

Your first checked bag is free for you and up to 4 traveling companions†

Group 1 Boarding3

25% savings on eligible in-flight purchases4

$100 American Airlines flight discount every cardmembership year5

Earn 10% of your redeemed AAdvantage® miles back6

Double AAdvantage® miles on eligible American Airlines purchases7

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,255 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: American Airlines Citi Platinum Card

Don't international flights have a free baggage allowance anyways? That carries over to the first domestic leg if so, you get the benefit of the higher allowance.

3. Re: American Airlines Citi Platinum Card

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 July 2014, 06:19