We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

business class ticket coach seat

Gold Bar, Washington
Level Contributor
584 posts
214 reviews
Save Topic
business class ticket coach seat

used miles and got business class ticket for everything Seattle to Prague and then London to YVR (could not get a non stop back to Seattle)

but on Alaska flight from Vancouver Ca (YVR) to Seattle is couch (because there are only coach seats on this route -a bombardier 400). Us customs border patrol takes place in Vancouver so you have to be 2 hours early.

My question is can I use one world lounges if I used mileage for business but my ticket is for couch?

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,920 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: business class ticket coach seat

With what airline(s) have you booked to fly from SEA to PRG and from LHR to YVR, and are you looking to use the Plaza Premium (US departures) lounge at YVR before boarding the flight to SEA?

Having arrived on a J class flight from LHR should allow same day lounge access to oneWorld lounges, but the Plaza Premium is a private lounge, so it may have different rules. With a US departure you won't be able to visit the BA Galleries lounge as international and US departures are physically separated. The Galleries is at the other end of the international departures terminals as well, beyond gate D64. Your flight to SEA will leave from one of the remote gates (E90 - 96) all of which are a solid five minute quick walk from the main terminal building.

Gold Bar, Washington
Level Contributor
584 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: business class ticket coach seat

British Airways from Sea-Prague and Heathrow-Yvr gets in a 6:40 pm problem is last flight on Alaska to Seattle on Satarday is 6:10 pm so have to fly out next morning. All BA tickets are U fare code next morning alaska flight is fare code W. I knew the Alaska flight leaves E gate but was hoping I might be able to use Plaza Premium Lounge.

I think you have answered my question. I have never been to Vancouver airport and I was thinking D E terminals might be closer.

we made hotel reservation at Holiday Inn Riverport Richmond. Arrive at airport next morning (Sat) 6:50am for 8:50 flight to Seattle. Alaska web says be 2 hrs early. Is this correct? What is procedure at airport? to ticket counter or customs first? (the bombardier walk to plane on tarmac) carry luggage onto plane also? Sorry so many questions.

Once get past customs and security what is terminal E like?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,467 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: business class ticket coach seat

Alaska web says be 2 hrs early. Is this correct? What is procedure at airport? to ticket counter or customs first? (the bombardier walk to plane on tarmac) carry luggage onto plane also? Sorry so many questions.

----------

Yes, at least 2 hours early (and some might actually say more than that) since you have to allow sufficient time to go through US immigration and cusotms in Vancouver. Go to ticket counter first (or check in on line) and follow signs for US flights after that.

Edited: 21 July 2013, 13:26
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,128 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: business class ticket coach seat

I'd say no to lounge access. AS aren't in oneworld so your reasoning doesn't stand.

Gold Bar, Washington
Level Contributor
584 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: business class ticket coach seat

I was just hopping. But it doesn't matter . I thought D and E might be closer than they are. Thanks for help

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,920 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: business class ticket coach seat

The international departures part of YVR is physically separate from US departures. If you go past the turn (almost immediately after leaving the US border check area / Security) to the gates for the flight to SEA you'll see on the left the separation - on the lower level is international arrivals with the upper level areas separate. It sounds strange, but you'll see it at some point at the airport.

Although there is a Plaza Premium lounge near gate E86 (for US pax) I very much doubt you'll be able to use it. Keep on walking (use the travelator) past the first few gates if you want to buy breakfast at Tim Hortons, or else stop at one of the cafes near E86 and 87.

The US preclearance program means you'll stop at the check in desk where you'll be asked for passports, boarding cards and blue US customs forms. You'll carry your bags to a drop point and be asked for your boarding cards - don't put them away as you'll be asked for them a great many more times before the end of the process.

From the bag drop area you'll head for Security. After that it will be US immigration, where they will also collect the blue customs forms (this used to be a separate process after immigration). You're travelling at a busy time, so queues might mean the entire process could take 30 - 45 minutes; the fastest I've ever managed all of it is about 10 or 15 minutes.

Gates E90 - 96 are a bit of a hike from the main terminal building. You'll walk onto the tarmac; most hand baggage will be placed on a trolley for loading in the hold, smaller pieces will go on board with you. There is no fee for hand baggage placed in the hold when it's done at the gate. Some flights board from the fore and aft, so listen for announcements.

At SEA you won't be allowed to disembark until the hand baggage is unloaded and placed on another trolley at the door of the plane. That process usually doesn't take too long, no more than four or five minutes.

One more thing. Your BA flight from LHR will probably arrive at gate D64 or D58, the gates furthest from international arrivals as one can get. BA usually use a dual airbridge for their flights, but all the pax from a full flight will first walk through a narrow corridor then up a single escalator for the hike to arrivals. There are four travelators to help speed the process, and at the end two escalators down to the immigration area. It's a schlep from the plane, but persevere.

Gold Bar, Washington
Level Contributor
584 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: business class ticket coach seat

TravellerPlus thank you so much for the information. I will grab a US customs forms when we get off BA flight night before. Was hoping Sun morning at close to 7am would not be a busy time.

8. Re: business class ticket coach seat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 July 2014, 05:16