We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Change of time & route

Newcastle
Level Contributor
80 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Change of time & route

Hi

I am after people's advice please. I am due to fly to Tunisia from Newcastle in September. The flight on the ticket is 18.20 at night & returning at 17.20 the following week.

I have not had anything from the travel company saying it has changed however I have noticed that it now leaves at 20.30 & is described as "via Glasgow"

Can anyone tell me if the travel company can do this? I know they can change the time but surely not the route as well???

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
36,879 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Change of time & route

The travel company haven't done it, the airline has. You have booked from A-B and if they decide to go via C they can. It's still a direct flight, which is what you booked. Who are you flying with?

Romford, United...
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Change of time & route

Have not seen the T&C of the booking but I really don't see why they can't do it-their only obligation is to get you from A-B,it's not that unusual to make stops on route to pick up passengers in fact don't be surprised if the same thing happens on the return trip

Newcastle
Level Contributor
80 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Change of time & route

Thanks for that, I am just wondering when/if they are going to tell me. They are still selling tickets as a direct route with the old time on it!

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
36,879 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Change of time & route

Which airline? Where did you find out that it's changed?

Newcastle
Level Contributor
80 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Change of time & route

It's sphynx who only have 1 flight from newcastle, I only found out because on the newcastle airport live arrivals & departures it has changed

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,671 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Change of time & route

Hi,

Just one note here... In the airline universe the term "direct" and "non-stop" are different.. Unfortunately most people aren't aware of this...

So, IF it was sold as A->C and is now an A->B->C;. *so long as* the flight number remains the same in City B, then it can correctly be called a direct flight.. It can not be called non-stop if you start(ed) in City A, but it can be sold as a "direct" flight .. Its only a non-stop if you originate in City B.

In most cases carriers do have wide latitude provided in their Contracts that allows them to ater the routing to include the addition or deletion of any enroute stops or connections.. Depending on your regional and applicable law, you may have additional rights relative to required notice they need to give or rights to refunds or changes if a substantial change is made post-purchase.

Travel Safe,

London
Level Contributor
8,718 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Change of time & route

Is that Syphax Airlines. They have a flight from Glasgow and Newcastle, it is possible they were consolidated just for one day. I would check flights again next week and if still via Glasgow then contact the tour company.

Afraid the answer to your original question is yes they can change route.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,688 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Change of time & route

Thanks for that, I am just wondering when/if they are going to tell me. They are still selling tickets as a direct route with the old time on it!

-------

Why don't you just telephone them, ask your questions and raise your concerns?

Newcastle
Level Contributor
80 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Change of time & route

Yes it is, that makes me feel a bit better if try just did it for the one flight, I will check again next week thanks

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
36,879 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Change of time & route

If you're going off this week departures and arrivals, it may not necessarily be the same come your flight in September. It could have just been a one off, which is why you haven't been notified.