We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Silver Airways?

Brockville, Canada
Level Contributor
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Silver Airways?

I am travelling to Marsh Harbour Abaco in February 2014. I have a codeshare from Orlando (MCO), to Marsh Harbour (MHH) through United Airlines, it is operated by Silver Airways......has anyone used this service?

260 replies to this topic
Virginia
Level Contributor
22 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Silver Airways?

I've used them a lot out of Shd in VA. I like them a lot. Only had one delay and it was fog. I find the staff to be very professional and personable. I recommend Silver!

1 post
Save Reply
12. Re: Silver Airways?

Silver airlines is horrible... do not fly this airline. I have missed more than one important meeting because I booked this airline. They always have scheduling problems and cancel flights last minute. I am Platinum on Delta, so I fly often and this is by far the worst experience in customer service from an airline. United Airlines isn't much better. Good equipment and I like the Saab prop plane. nice ride...horrible service...

eleuthera
Level Contributor
7 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Silver Airways?

used one time from fll to elh in sept 2013 and had a great roundtrip experience. Was even a little early. They kind of lined us up like cows in FLL and had us standing for fifteen minutes instead of calling the flight passengers a little bit later. The initial girl at the desk did not know about the freq flyer program. The flight attendant on the way back to Florida was great.

Marietta, Ohio
1 post
Save Reply
14. Re: Silver Airways?

I have flown United Express operated by Silver Airways from PKB to CLE every 2 weeks for the last 3 months. Most times the flights are delayed due to aircraft issues.

The most recent 6:00 am flight was eventually cancelled due to aircraft issues and we all were placed on the 9:50 flight. Everyone missed the original connections and we were placed on other flights. When we departed the 9:50 flight in Cleveland several of us had been placed on a flight to Chicago that was in another terminal and waiting for us. The young lady who greeted us at the stairway asked us to "Please hurry". Sure, you delayed us for 4 hours in PKB and now you want US to hurry?

I returned last night and approached the D25 gate in Cleveland at 3:40pm for a 4:18 departure to PKB. I specifically asked if the plane was at the gate? "Yes, the plane is here." I then asked if it had any maintenance issues that would prevent a timely departure? "No, not at this time." At 4:10pm the flight was delayed with a scheduled departure at 6:50pm. Our wheels up time was 7:18pm, three hours late on a different plane.

Sliver Airways does not maintain the aircraft they use for these flights.

Avoid Silver Airways.

Fair Lawn, New...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: Silver Airways?

Silver Airways SUCKS! Their employees are rude, they are never on time, and be careful of baggage fees. They will list flights using another carriers flight number, then impose their own baggage fees. It is a shady airline at best!

New Haven...
2 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Silver Airways?

Wholeheartedly agreed! The people who worked at this airline do not have their act together. They also misrepresent things (ie, flight is clearly delayed but their monitor says "boarding"...I can tell you as I sit at the gate that we are def not boarding).

New Haven...
2 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Silver Airways?

Avoid this airline. The people who worked at this airline do not have their act together. They also misrepresent things (ie, flight is clearly delayed but their monitor says "boarding"...I can tell you as I sit at the gate that we are def not boarding).

Florida - Alaska...
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai Province, Outdoors / Adventure Travel
Level Contributor
5,075 posts
1 review
Save Reply
18. Re: Silver Airways?

Wow, someone has it in for Silver Airways. Haven't seen this many one post wonders bumping an old thread in a while.

Northerner in Va
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Silver Airways?

Silver Airways is a lame airline. My daughter's flight from Tallahassee to PBI has been delayed an hour and a half because of a "CREW MIXUP"????Translation- their flight staff are late to get things moving. We will not use them again- there are no excuses for having employees in the airline industry that do not value passengers' time.

PITIFUL!

Tupelo, Mississippi
Level Contributor
3 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Silver Airways?

I've used them for the first time today to fly from tupelo ms (TUP), Attempting to get to PA. As I type this, I sit in Atlanta airport, 13 hrs after stepping foot in tup. My connecting flight leaves in 3 hrs. It's taken Silver this long to find a hotel room, and I can barely even make it there now. I'll try to just catch a quick nap in the airport. As an aside, their "supervisor" at the gate finally began crying and walked off after stating "I can't do this"... 2 airport police then appeared, anticipating problems, and even they stated it wasn't the first time supv had walked off the job. I truly don't know how this airline ever earned FAA clearance. Best of luck if you choose them. I won't make that mistake again

Reply to: Silver Airways?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted