We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BA/Iberia online check in problem

Nottingham...
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
BA/Iberia online check in problem

I'm trying to check in for my flight tomorrow from LHR to SCL via MAD (BA0522 at 18.40 and BA 4289 at 00.20 all operated by Iberia) and am having problems - it has let me check in for the first segment, but not the second, any idea why this is? TA instructed me to check in on ba.com, and on manage my booking it says check in is open, but when I try to check in it says it is not available? Do I have to wait until 00.20 tonight to check in for the second segment, or is there a problem?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,324 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: BA/Iberia online check in problem

BA OLCI only allows you to check-in for BA flights.

If you have your IB booking reference go to iberia.com and check in for that flight there. It should work, but I've not done BA/IB combination flights in some years.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,338 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: BA/Iberia online check in problem

Call IB and ask for their PNR for the booking. With that you should be able to use on line check in at the IB website.

It's a bit of a pain, and the BA-issued PNR *should* be sufficient for check in for both flights, but codeshare glitches do happen.

Nottingham...
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: BA/Iberia online check in problem

Is there any way of getting the Iberia PNR without ringing them? I only have access to a Pay as You Go mobile, and don't really want to pay extortionate amounts to call them!

Also - can I check in for the MAD-SCL leg at LHR tomorrow, or would I have to wait to do it at MAD?

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,338 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: BA/Iberia online check in problem

The IB website wants the PNR for OLCI and doesn't seem to allow any way around it. You should be able to obtain the IB PNR from BA; their Newcastle call centre should still be open.

Alternately, can you call a North America toll free number cheaply from your mobile? Try IB in Canada at +1 800 772 4642.

If all else fails then yes, you should be able to check in for MAD-SCL at Heathrow and not have to wait until arriving at MAD.

Buena suerte.

uk
Level Contributor
38 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: BA/Iberia online check in problem

I had the same problem with BA/ Iberia 2 weeks ago when flying to Lima via Madrdi. I just waited and was able to check in at the airport when I arrived to drop my bags- no problems and bags checked through to final destination. I hope this helps.

Nottingham...
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: BA/Iberia online check in problem

Yeah that reassures me a lot, I'm just a bit of a worry wart sometimes! Just out of interest, did you manage to get a decent seat by checking in at the airport? I'm kind of nervous about being stuck in a middle seat for 13.5 hours!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
2 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: BA/Iberia online check in problem

I'm having exactly the same problem flying from Dublin to Santiago via Madrid. I think that the reason may be that at although the first leg departs at 1335 tomorrow - i..e in less than 24 hours - the second flight isn't due to leave Madrid until 0020 on Saturday! I seem to remember having similar problems previously. Although it's a pain, I'll probably have to wait until after midnight if I want to complete my check in(s) and print out my boarding pass(es).

8. Re: BA/Iberia online check in problem

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 March 2015, 04:21