We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sale fares in January

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6,771 posts
159 reviews
Save Topic
sale fares in January

Do any of the LCC airlines such as Jetstar or Airasia have sales for January flights from melbourne to HCMC?

at the moment the fares are showing around $600 each way per person and I'm wondering if they'll go down or up? (looking for a family of 2 adults and 2 grown kids (so 4 adult fares) and 1x 6 year old

thanks in advance

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,128 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sale fares in January

Read the sticky.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6,771 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sale fares in January

Okay

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6,771 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sale fares in January

Using a phone so can't access sticky

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: sale fares in January

Short answer "no one knows"

Longer answer "no one knows so buy when you see a price you like and don't look back".

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6,771 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: sale fares in January

you see, here's the difference....I can tell you that every year in June/July AirAsia have a massive sale...every year for the last few year's I have bought really great sale tickets for the following june-july-august.

I can also tell you that they have more sales aimed at september-december flights...

so...joeintheuk your answer wasn't even slightly helpful and i'm not even sure if you know anything about AirAsia which is the airline which I'm asking about

and neither was OP2002 as i'm in Vietnam right now and only using my phone- so all the stickys' in the world won't help if I can't read them to begin with

Edited: 23 July 2013, 09:36
UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: sale fares in January

so...joeintheuk your answer wasn't even slightly helpful

========

LOL. I cant help it if "no one knows" isn't helpful, that's how it is.

And that's what the sticky says, just longer winded, so frankly I don't appreciate you telling me "that's not helpful" when I summarised it for you because you were unable to read it, which isn't my fault either. Can i presume you thought it contained a long list of sale dates for each airline and route? Dream on.

Anyway, since you appear to be expecting an Air Asia executive to come on here and tell you when their next set of sales will be, which routes it will cover, and what the prices will be, I'll leave you to wait for that.

Sydney
Level Contributor
114 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: sale fares in January

Wow, I'll think twice before I post a question on this forum!

Maz1, in April Air Asia went on sale for travel between Christmas and New Year, and right through to the end of March. We snapped up flights as they were great fares. That was the normal time frame for their sale. Then they went on sale again about two weeks ago for the same travel period. I don't recall them having a second sale like that, with such significant discounts.

Scoot advertised sale fares today, but not for travel over Christmas, into January.

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
19,103 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: sale fares in January

In my experience every airline will have sales but nobody will know in advance when these will be and any sale might not cover all routes and/or dates.

If travel plans are flexible and you're prepared to take a risk then waiting for a sale might get you a bargain - if you have limited flexibility and are risk averse then buying when you see a price you are happy to pay might be a better approach.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6,771 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: sale fares in January

Thanks allwests -appreciate a helpful answer :-/

I already have mine but asking for family

Sitting here on the river btw ;-)

10. Re: sale fares in January

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 July 2014, 05:16