We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air canada meal confusion! Please help!

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Air canada meal confusion! Please help!

Hi all,

I'm flying from Washington DC to Madrid with a layover in Toronto. I booked with United but this portion of the flight is operated by Air Canada. The flight from Toronto to Madrid departs close to 10pm with a noon arrival in Madrid. I noticed that it says that no meals will be provided on my ticket. Is this really the case? I find it hard to believe that on an almost 8 hour flight there are no meals. I can understand no dinner but not even breakfast!! I've read elsewhere that they do serve food but you have to purchase it but other sites say that for all international flights there is food. I'm not sure which one to believe and their website isn't much help.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
59,167 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air canada meal confusion! Please help!

I found the website to be helpful, assuming they're not lying or something. :)

"All international Economy Class flights feature a hot meal after take-off with additional services varying, depending on flight times and routing."

aircanada.com/en/…index.html

Italy
Level Contributor
39,682 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air canada meal confusion! Please help!

Read the reviews for the same route on the ww.airlinequality.com website as most people also review the food and entertainment but I would say that they will serve food on an international flight, you could also check out their website as I'm sure it will say if it does or doesn't on it.

Canada
Level Contributor
5,440 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air canada meal confusion! Please help!

I don't think that Air Canada flies direct to Madrid from Toronto, are you perhaps connecting again through Frankfurt?

If it is a direct flight - what is the flight number?

London, United...
Level Contributor
223 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Air canada meal confusion! Please help!

AC 836 for Toronto - Madrid

Canada
Level Contributor
5,440 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Air canada meal confusion! Please help!

Ah - well then I am sure you will get a meal....

You should get a proper dinner right after take-off, and then a light breakfast before you land in Madrid. Thats what is the norm on all Air Canada trans-atlantic flights.

London, United...
Level Contributor
223 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Air canada meal confusion! Please help!

And it appears to serve an evening meal and a continental breakfast in Economy

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Air canada meal confusion! Please help!

Hi All! Thanks for the help. Just to update if anyone else gets confused by this. We did get fed! A dinner and breakfast in the morning.

8. Re: Air canada meal confusion! Please help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2014, 05:18