We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ryanair Raise Hold Baggage 66%!!!

Leeds, UK
Level Contributor
307 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Ryanair Raise Hold Baggage 66%!!!

As Reported on sky news, I swore never to use these a long time ago, thats well and truly sealed it for me!

…sky.com/story/1122689/ryanair-raises-hold-b…

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
34,886 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ryanair Raise Hold Baggage 66%!!!

Not everyone takes hold luggage though, and for those that don't nothing has changed. Everyone has a choice and if you want to take hold luggage it's just another cost, like prebooking seats, meals etc. that you have to factor in when comparing prices.

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
8,217 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ryanair Raise Hold Baggage 66%!!!

I really don't care how much they charge, all I look at is the final price when I have added all the services I want. That's the only way to compare with other carriers.

Not necessarily a reason not to use Ryanair, there are other reasons not to use them!

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
8,134 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ryanair Raise Hold Baggage 66%!!!

Travel light and travel cheap, that's what does it for me.

i haven't used hold luggage with Ryanair since they started charging for it, just like the majority of Ryanair's passengers.

Jackie

Romford, United...
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ryanair Raise Hold Baggage 66%!!!

It's not such a bargain with Ryanair anymore just did a like for like for 2 people plus car plus luggage on a UK to Europe route I often use and petrol,ferrys etc still works out to be about 60% of the cost of flying(saving £200) plus I don't have to hire a car at the other end-adds about 6 hrs each way but at least I can go and leave when I like

Wouldn't surprise me if O'Leary decides to rip out the bathrooms for more seats and tells people to go before they get on board

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
13,584 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ryanair Raise Hold Baggage 66%!!!

"thats well and truly sealed it for me!"

Why? If the final price is attractive what does it matter how big a part of what you're paying are luggage fees?

Wirral U.K.
Level Contributor
1,374 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ryanair Raise Hold Baggage 66%!!!

There is one reason I will never fly Ryanair and I dont suppose I am on my own.

One of the most obnoxious and odious characters I have ever come across.

Edited: 31 July 2013, 20:01
Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,525 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ryanair Raise Hold Baggage 66%!!!

If they're getting me from Milan (ish) to Krakow for 30 euros, they can be as obnoxious and odious as they want. When I pay for first class service I expect to receive it. When I pay the equivalent of bus fare, I expect only to get from point A to point B.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
3,408 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ryanair Raise Hold Baggage 66%!!!

Ryanair really must be the worst airline for add ons etc to expect folk to travel without hold luggage unless on a short trip is i think very unfair.just one reason why i never use this company.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
34,886 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ryanair Raise Hold Baggage 66%!!!

Lots of people can pack light, even for 2 weeks, and people flying for business etc often don't check luggage. If it keeps prices down for those that don't take a lot, it can only be a good thing. For those that don't pack light there are other airlines to choose from.

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ryanair Raise Hold Baggage 66%!!!

I for one was delighted with this news as it will keep my hand luggage fare low low low. Just booked a lovely fare to Greece for September today, half the price of the other airlines.