We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seat 71A on A380

9 posts
Save Topic
Seat 71A on A380

Hi

My husband and I are booked on seats 71A and C on the upper deck of the A380 from Singapore-Sydney return.

Does anyone know if these seats are near the wing and if you feel turbulence much on the upper deck in these seats? I've heard mixed things and given we paid extra for these seats am a little concerned.

Thank you

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seat 71A on A380

Which airline?

norfolk
Level Contributor
7,646 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seat 71A on A380

we have flown on the upper deck of MAS and singapore airlines. in my opinion, the turbulence was not noticably worse than on the lower deck, but since it is not possible to make a direct comparison unless one can be in two places at once, i am not certain.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
10,447 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seat 71A on A380

I'm not sure where these seats are ... different layouts on different airlines ... but the A380 is really smooth, In fact the smoothest it can be. If a plane hits turbulence the whole thing knows it, the back possibly a bit worse but nowhere can you totally avoid it.

9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Seat 71A on A380

Sorry, Singapore airlines. The seats are in the front section of economy, just behind business class, I'd guess about two thirds of the way into the top deck cabin?

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
13,684 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Seat 71A on A380

If there is turbulence you will feel it no matter where you are in the plane.

Stockholm
Level Contributor
72 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Seat 71A on A380

I'd love to know this as well...will be flying the A380 (BA) and am thinking of getting one of the economy seats on the top floor...

All I know about turbulence (I'm sensitive to it) is that it def feels worse towards the back of a plane, there is more movement there in general...

Avoca, Australia
Destination Expert
for Rusutsu-mura
Level Contributor
3,539 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Seat 71A on A380

I've sat in the back seats upper deck A380 SYD-LHR (for 24hrs), can't recall any noticeable movement, it's an amazing aircraft. The new BA A380 has a nice Premium Economy (WT+) mini cabin - thinking about booking that one myself.

Edited: 03 August 2013, 06:30
Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
10,447 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Seat 71A on A380

mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/singapore-airli…

Kent
Level Contributor
6,206 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Seat 71A on A380

my daughter had seats 81a on same route and had really bad turbelance, the crew said its worse at the back but asking on here it seems not the case, tho she wouldn't pick that seat again. could of been that particular flight

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
345 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Seat 71A on A380

SQ’s A380 is an amazing aircraft. I’ve sat on seat 75H Singapore-Melbourne, very quiet on the upper deck; also can’t recall any noticeable motion from turbulence.