We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lufthansa 747-8 economy question

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
10 posts
13 reviews
lufthansa 747-8 economy question

I am flying Lax to Frankfurt in economy and with no upgrade possible due to $. I am 6'5" and wondering if there was anyone out there who has done this in coach and lived to tell about it.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,194 posts
50 reviews
1. Re: lufthansa 747-8 economy question

I am 6'5" and wondering if there was anyone out there who has done this in coach and lived to tell about it.

You may have difficulty. It's a well known fact in the airline industry that 747-800 passengers in economy have a 100% mortality rate.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
29,253 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: lufthansa 747-8 economy question

I survived the LH 748 in economy , twice. :-)

Not a fan of their economy seats at all, and I'm only 5'6". They do have the new Recaro seats that give more knee room for the 31" seat pitch. BUT the seats are mounted to the floor in such a way as to impeded or restrict the legroom in front of you. In both cases I had a D seat (aisle in the center section of four). For me it wasn't absolutely horrible as the mounting only lost me the left most 3-4" ahead of me. But under no circumstances whatsoever take the next seat across (E). The IFE box is slap bang in the middle of that seat's leg room, meaning your feet have to straddle the IFE box. On my first flight, luckily for me I had an empty seat next to me, but on the second flight there was someone there and her legs had to intrude into my space simply to avoid the that IFE box.

The flight attendants are great and the food okay. And the IFE is good. But I'd try to avoid that plane as much as I can because of those Y seats, though it's my only (Star Alliance) choice when returning to the US from Bangalore (BLR-FRA).

Prague, Czech...
1 post
1 review
3. Re: lufthansa 747-8 economy question

You might wait a couple of years till Airdream Interiors are implemented. That will be real comfort for about coach/economy prices.

4. Re: lufthansa 747-8 economy question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2014, 05:16