We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Onine check-in with no printer?

Kyoto, Japan
3 posts
Save Topic
Onine check-in with no printer?

I am flying with Korean Air tomorrow. I'm going from Kansai Airport in Japan to Seoul and getting a connecting flight from there to the USA. Korean Air lets you do online check-in but I don't have a printer....so should I check in online anyway? Will it make any difference if I can't print anything? And if I get to the airport without anything but my flight number and confirmation number written down on a piece of paper (and my passport and visa, obviously) will I be alright?

Sorry if these questions seem kind of stupid...I've always checked in online and printed before so I just want to make sure everything goes smoothly.

Stuttgart, Germany
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
7,226 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Onine check-in with no printer?

If you do the online checkin then your chosen seat will be blocked for you, then in the airport you can pick up your boarding pass at the desk or self service machine if they use them. If at the desk just tell them that you are checked in but could not print, I do it quite often

London, UK
Level Contributor
1,759 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Onine check-in with no printer?

Yes, I've checked-in online but not been able to print the boarding pass before and have just picked it up from a machine at the airport without any difficulties. That way you've picked your seat and indicated your intention to fly ahead of people who wait until they get to the airport.

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
14,419 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Onine check-in with no printer?

Internet cafes have printers.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Onine check-in with no printer?

Check in on line, absolutely, it means you get your seats, don't wait till you get to the airport.

Just ask them to print at the airport, no biggie. I do it often when travelling.

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
4,153 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Onine check-in with no printer?

Always worth checking to see if airlines allow you to check in on line and print or reprint boarding passes when you get to the airport. Korean do allow this from kiosks and what they call a web check in desk, which I think other airlines call a bag drop desk.

Reason for checking is that a few don't allow it at all and charge large fees if you don't have the actual piece of paper when you get to the airport. Ryanair is the worst at this!

Increasingly you can check in on line and store your boarding pass on a mobile/cellphone with no printing at all. Surprisingly for such a high-technology country, Korean Air don't yet offer this.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,037 posts
654 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Onine check-in with no printer?

Check-in online makes things easier. You should be able to select seat as you like and you can make your trip little easier than being scrambled amongst other passengers. Regular airlines like Korean Air let you print your boarding pass at the airport.

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
9,662 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Onine check-in with no printer?

Unless you use a internet café, most people do not have access to printers on holiday & checking in online for their return flight home without printing a boarding pass is normal

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Onine check-in with no printer?

As well as the resaons already given, there is another big advantage of checking in online, which is that if there is an issue with your booking, this will "flush it out" and you'll have a day to fix it, not a few hours.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
6,953 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Onine check-in with no printer?

Ryanair insist on boarding cards being printed out and shown at airport. Failure to do this results in a charge of £60 per person on the booking! They won't accept anything else.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Onine check-in with no printer?

Ryanair insist on boarding cards being printed out and shown at airport. Failure to do this results in a charge of £60 per person on the booking! They won't accept anything else.

=========

The OP is flying with Korean Air ???