We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Esta

Dublin
Level Contributor
85 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Esta

Hi guys,

Just a quick question,

Myself and herself are travelling to the US next month on our honeymoon.

We have approval from a previous ESTA back in 2011.

Its valid for when we leave but it expires while we are still in America.

Those the ESTA have to be valid for the entire duration of your trip or just at the time of entry?

Thanks guys in advance.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
433 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Esta

No. ESTA needs only to be valid on arrival in the United States.

Romford, United...
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Esta

ESTA has only to be valid on date of arrival USA, but for the sake of $14 each I'd reapply before you go

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
18,648 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Esta

Just to add that it will still be valid as long as you are using the same passport - they are valid for 2 years or the expiry of your passport whichever is earlier.

It won't be valid if the ticket/passport is now in a married name whilst the ESTA is in a maiden name and there is no "we" for ESTAs as each passenger requires an individual ESTA.

Dublin
Level Contributor
85 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Esta

Cheers guys ,

Thanks tom never thought of that.

I might just reapply for 2 new ones just in case.

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Esta

"I might just reapply for 2 new ones just in case"

why?

if u r travelling on the same passports that had ESTA approval before and u r arriving in the USA before the expiration date there is no need.

6. Re: Esta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2014, 05:18