We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

British Airways premium economy class

London
Level Contributor
133 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
British Airways premium economy class

I've travelled BA premium economy (they called it World Travellers Plus) as I booked it almost the last minute and the price of standard economy was almost as expensive as PE class, so I might as well booked that. I have to say the seats were more comfortable and spacious, but everything else really was more or less the same as standard economy. For example, they handed out a dinner menu with starter, main courses and dessert, but everything was just served in the same tray with a tiny box of starter and dessert each. Service wasn't really much different from what I got in standard ecomony either.

Just wonder what your experience is and would you pay extra to travel BA premium economy?

298 replies to this topic
London
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: British Airways premium economy class

BA don't fly to Bedrock

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
22 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: British Airways premium economy class

My wife and I had PE seats with British Airways in August and September 2013 because my wife has a bad back and we wanted the extra legroom. Might as well have gone standard economy as the seating and legroom was not noticeably better, the catering no better and the cabin staff were indifferent. Even the layout of the cabin was all wrong with the galley next to the toilets.

In comparison to Qantas PE, British Airways are a freight airline. With Qantas PE you get value for money. You can even cross your legs in their PE, the food is pretty good and the cabin staff are obviously proud to work for Qantas.

Never again will we travel PE with BA.

13. Re: British Airways premium economy class

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 03 October 2013, 05:05

Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: British Airways premium economy class

Hi - I am about yo book return flights from Manchester to NYC as a birthday surprise for my hubby and I. Not having made a trip of this duration before could anyone who knows advise on best airline/ticket types? Thank you v much.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,413 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: British Airways premium economy class

I'm more than a little surprised that Quartz2 found the WT+ leg room 'not noticeably better' since WT+ seat pitch is 38 inches v 31 inches in WT. Catering for main meals was improved last year, and is certainly different from the meals given in WT. The seat width on QF's 747s is 19 inches v 18.5 inches on BA's jets, not sure how QF's is 'far better'. All airlines have crew who some pax may view as indifferent.

If one's expectations aren't met, that may say more about the expectations of the person rather than the airline.

Angie, please start a new thread with your question. Let us know when you and Mr C plan to travel, how long you'll stay in New York, whether you have a preference of airlines and whether you would prefer flights to and from JFK or if you're willing to include EWR in your plans.

Let us know as well if you're looking for tickets in Economy, Premium Economy, Business or First.

Thanks.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
49,382 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: British Airways premium economy class

Legroom is definitely noticeably better. There is no question about that part of PE cabins vs economy cabins of the major airlines that offer the PE product.

London
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: British Airways premium economy class

Maybe Quartz is unaware of what constitutes seven inches

Santa Barbara...
Level Contributor
102 posts
343 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: British Airways premium economy class

I flew WT+ from LHR-LAX on a BA 777-300. I thought the service was average but the thing I really didn't like was the fact that when the seats in front of you recline, it is almost impossible for you to move or even get up. Really uncomfortable in my opinion. My seatmate agreed.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
22 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: British Airways premium economy class

Obviously some of you either have vested interests or just don't have standards.

Fly PE in both BA and Qantas then you'll see what I mean.

PS - our latest international flight with BA was last week from London to Singapore. On takeoff the plane shuddered violently to the point everyone was looking around at each other with very concerned looks.

My flying days with BA are over. We got better experiences with Easyjet and that's saying something.

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
7,469 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: British Airways premium economy class

Quartz2, one could suggest you have vested interest in Qantas as you think they are great. Why when someone doesn't agree do posters (not just you) then suggest people have vested interests. It always amuses me. And I have no vested interests in any airline. I'm open to flying most carriers if the price, timings and destination is right for me. BA does suit me but that's because I'm UK based, nearish to LHR & LGW and they fly to many many destinations non stop but I do fly other carriers.

How one views an airlines, service, quality etc is a very subjective thing and we all view things differently. Not everyone is always going to agree, just let others have their view and agree to differ.

Out of interest are you suggesting the plane was unsafe because it shuddered? May it have been something to do with weather conditions? Did the plane make an emergency landing? If not, then it was not a mechanical problem. Do remember the crew are not going to fly an unsafe plane, they have are concerned about their own safety even before concerns about your safety.

Happy flying in the future and enjoy your chosen carrier.

Reply to: British Airways premium economy class
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted