We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa requirements for transit stop in Dubai for Russians

Townsville...
Level Contributor
8 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Visa requirements for transit stop in Dubai for Russians

Hi there!

My fiance is soon moving from Russia to Australia & we are currently looking at her flight options to come here. One option we have found on Skyscanner is KZN-DXB-SIN-BNE. The flight from Kazan is on Flydubai, then Emirates from there onwards. The question we have is whether she requires any visa for this because she will have to change terminals in Dubai as Flydubai use T1 & Emirates use T3. I can't seem to find any definitive information on this. I know on the Emirates website you can apply for a transit visa when booking the ticket but this itinerary doesn't come up on their website. It is only on a few 3rd party booking websites. The other option we are looking at is KZN-DME-SIN-BNE, which I know she doesn't need any visas for but it is a slightly longer total travel time. Any help would be very much appreciated. :)

South London
Level Contributor
1,405 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa requirements for transit stop in Dubai for Russians

Have you tried a simple search online?

http://cibtvisas.co.uk/

Townsville...
Level Contributor
8 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa requirements for transit stop in Dubai for Russians

Thanks.

The website helps a little, though I understand she can transit Dubai visa free but is that only without clearing immigration & staying airside in one terminal? Going from terminal 1 to terminal 3 will require her to clear immigration I would think. Maybe I am worrying about nothing but I just want to be absolutely sure before we book this flight.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa requirements for transit stop in Dubai for Russians

You can transit airside from T1 to T3, but I guess she will have to pick up luggage and check in again. That happens landside.

Have you asked flydubai and/or Emirates?

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
1,543 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa requirements for transit stop in Dubai for Russians

Have you bought both flights on one ticket, or 2 separate tickets?

5. Re: Visa requirements for transit stop in Dubai for Russians

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2014, 07:18