We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Plonk on the plane - 100ml containers?

Hemel Hempstead...
Level Contributor
720 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Plonk on the plane - 100ml containers?

Understand you can take 1000ml of liquid per passenger in your plastic bag through security provided it is in containers no larger than 100ml. You can buy empty 100ml travel containers so was thinking of decanting some cheap supermarket plonk into them and thus avoid the inflated prices for similar plonk on the plane.

I know the airlines frown on you drinking your own booze but the cabin staff would have to be pretty sharp and on the ball to find you doing it.

Anyone tried it? Any problems at security?

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
41. Re: Plonk on the plane - 100ml containers?

I think OP is taking the pizz out of all of us.

40 replies to a preposterous suggestion?

42. Re: Plonk on the plane - 100ml containers?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 15 August 2013, 10:35
43. Re: Plonk on the plane - 100ml containers?

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 15 August 2013, 10:35
44. Re: Plonk on the plane - 100ml containers?

Removed on: 15 August 2013, 11:05
Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
14,717 posts
356 reviews
Save Reply
45. Re: Plonk on the plane - 100ml containers?

Wirralscouse

Perhaps he is flying FR and resents paying MOL's exorbitant alcohol prices?

Edited: 15 August 2013, 10:45
46. Re: Plonk on the plane - 100ml containers?

Removed on: 15 August 2013, 11:05
Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
17,925 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
47. Re: Plonk on the plane - 100ml containers?

I think Wirral might have nailed it. The OP has got to be pulling our collective legs.

Why would you go to so much trouble to break the rules when the easiest, quickest and most convenient way would be to surreptitiously drink your own duty free. You're just as likely to get caught doing that as drinking your own zip lock baggie full. 😋

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
48. Re: Plonk on the plane - 100ml containers?

I went to Alicante a few years ago with three friends. They decided to buy a litre bottle of Jamesons at AMS and proceded to Drink it on the way there. I was sober as I had the rental car the other end but by the time they got there one of them was so drunk he wanted to hug everyone. Another was so bloody annoying I nearly fell out with him and left him there. He was also making other passengers annoyed.

I was so dammed embarrased I wanted to die and these are not teenagers, grown men in their 30's.

I am certainly not against drinking, I do enough of it myself, but there is a time and place and people are affected differently by it's efffects at altitude.

You can't even get away from the person next to you especially if the plane is full.

Edited: 15 August 2013, 12:29
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,607 posts
Save Reply
49. Re: Plonk on the plane - 100ml containers?

why not just report the thread as it clearly against TA guidelines in that it is asking how to circumvent rules and regulations laid down by airlines.Jings I am amazed it has not gone long ago.

Edited: 15 August 2013, 13:26
Detroit, MI
Destination Expert
for Detroit, Travel Gadgets and Gear
Level Contributor
6,651 posts
Save Reply
50. Re: Plonk on the plane - 100ml containers?

Actually the OP asked what the rules and regulations were - nothing against that in the TA rules . That was answered on page one as 1. Illegal in some countries and 2. Against airline regulations. Everyone else took it off topic into judging him for drinking too much or with diabetics, being too cheap to pay for alcohol, drunks on a plane story, etc.