We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easyjet hold baggage allowance- confused!

Manchester
7 posts
Save Topic
Easyjet hold baggage allowance- confused!

Anyone who has travelled with Easyjet before able to help me?

I am travelling to Paris on Sat 24th Aug with Easyjet, it is my first time using the airline.

I am aware that Easyjet's policy states that if you wish to purchase hold baggage, you can purchase a bag per customer up to 20kg each. As there are two of us going for 4 days and we won't need 20kg of luggage each I have purchased one bag and want to split this between us so we have an extra 10 kg each. Is this possible to do?

Can we have one case each with luggage weighing up to 10kg or would we need to put all in one case?

Also, is the extra 20kg we are allowed separate from the hand baggage allowance or is the hand baggage included?

I am very confused and would love someone to clear this up for me, the airport is stressful enough and trying to minimise this as much as possible!

thanks.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
32,311 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Easyjet hold baggage allowance- confused!

You pay for each bag so you would have to have 20kg in one bag

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
32,311 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Easyjet hold baggage allowance- confused!

You pay for each bag so you would have to have 20kg in one bag, there is no limit on hand luggage weight

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Easyjet hold baggage allowance- confused!

There's no weight limit for hand baggage but you can only take one bag so if you have a handbag and a trolley the handbag has to go in the trolley and be careful of the size as it must fit into the cage at the airport.

Somerset, United...
Level Contributor
2,992 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Easyjet hold baggage allowance- confused!

The cabin bag is separate to the hold luggage, so you can take this (within the stipulated size dimensions) in addition to that which you check into the hold.

Edited: 18 August 2013, 15:58
Manchester
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Easyjet hold baggage allowance- confused!

thanks guys this is a huge help and has cleared things up!

I just wanted to double check everything before I went, Easyjet's website is not really very clear.

thanks!

6. Re: Easyjet hold baggage allowance- confused!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2014, 06:20