We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomson Dreamliner

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Thomson Dreamliner

Hi

We fly out on the thomson Dreamliner in premium to Mexico in 4 weeks.

Is it as good has is been made out?

Thanks

1,220 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Thomson Dreamliner

I travel to Florida at least four times a year with Thomson, the new Dreamliner was excellent. Very comfortable with good in-flight entertainment.

However this did not make up for the service I received at Gatwick check in!

My hand luggage was too heavy (my fault I should have weighed it) however the check in assistant would not allow me time to offload my books etc to make the weight and told me I had to pay 75.00 (one way) or I could not board. She followed me around the corner where I was trying to lose the excess weight and told me I needed to go immediately back to the check in! There was still a long queue checking in so I was not holding up the check in.

Very disappointed with this, first time poor service with Thomson!

Anne

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
32,772 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Thomson Dreamliner

The check in agents aren't employed by Thomsons, although she did sound like a bit of a jobsworth.

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
36,778 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: Thomson Dreamliner

Yes the ground handling staff for Thomson Airways are Swissport at Gatwick, sounds as though you had a jobsworth as Leyland mentioned but some ground staff will indeed let you juggle your hand luggage to get it within the limit !

Angie.

Bideford, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Thomson Dreamliner

If I book a holiday to travel on the Dreamliner and pay for it in full when I book can I book my seats earlier than 90 days or do I still have to wait

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
32,772 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: Thomson Dreamliner

You still have to wait until 90 days prior, irrespective of when you pay.

Bideford, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: Thomson Dreamliner

Thanks for that

east sussex
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
37. Re: Thomson Dreamliner

No you have to wait till the 90 days , but beware I have just done this myself a few hours ago , we are flying direct to phuket (Thailand) in jan 14, my 90 day period was meant to be tomorrow, but today I clicked into the thomson site and went to manage my booking , then clicked reserve your seats I was amazed and annoyed by the fact that 2 3rds of the plane had red crosses all over it saying that those seats had already been reserved and all that was left was the rear section of the plane , I proceeded to reserve two seats as they were all going very fast and contacted thomson to find out why I hadn't recieved my email telling me that I can now go and choose my seats and secondly why it was a day early , all that came out of the long conversation was "I'm so sorry I don't know why you did not get your email or why it's has opened a day early" not a happy bunny as we paid £60 just for the privilege of choosing our seats and that was snatched away from us . Also if your in standard seats their I very limited seats you can actually reserve only from row 14 downwards as all the others are booked for disabled or upgrades .

Dorset, United...
Level Contributor
1,026 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
38. Re: Thomson Dreamliner

As I discovered, Thomson only allow you to select seats 90 days before the date of your RETURN flight, not your departure date.

I went on line early on the right day, and the system allocated seats 1A and 1C in premium. But when I clicked to confirm the seats, the system put up an error message saying that I must select seats that are next to each other. There is obviously a problem with their software, because there is no B seat, and A and C are next to each other.

I then tried to 'phone Thomson, but there was a recorded message to say call after 9.00 am, which I did. The person who took the call recognised the problem immediately, and allocated me window seats. They are not those that would have been my first choice, but they are OK.

Thomson need to sort out their software.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
32,772 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
39. Re: Thomson Dreamliner

The seat selection in premium has been an ongoing problem for a while now. It is 90 days from the return flight, as advised on their website when you book. That's been their policy for a long time, but it was sometimes possible to book the outbound at 90 days, and then ring back and book the inbound. They seem to be tightening up on that recently.

east sussex
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
40. Re: Thomson Dreamliner

Yes all above are right , it is 90 days before your return flight , BUT BEWARE ! I have just spoken with thomson again today as my 90 day period is up today ( I still have not however recieved my email) but the site opened yesterday (Thursday) to reserve seats when I spoke with the advisor at thomson she explained that even though we have booked for 15 days they actually open the reserve seats on their site 14 NIGHTS before the end of travel , but it does not say this anywhere in their terms and conditions , hence the reason that according to my working out it was always going to be the day before , not good enough thomsom get this written down so we at least have the chance of reserving our favourable seats ! After all that is exactly what you pay the extra money for . Good luck all . I have now reserved my seats not where we preferred but at least we have window seats out & return .

Reply to: Thomson Dreamliner
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted