We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Jordanian

Exmouth, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Royal Jordanian

Just booked flights from London to Bangkok via Amman with Royal Jordanian. Only after booking did I bother to look at reviews for the airline and they are all terrible so now I am worried. Anyone have any experience of them? Thanks

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for St. Barthelemy
Level Contributor
1,438 posts
496 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Royal Jordanian

don't seem to be that bad....

http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/rja.htm

London, England
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
9,640 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Royal Jordanian

I flew them around 2010 Cairo-Amman-Damascus-Amman-London and thought they were fine (although I doubt that they fly that route now)

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
14,551 posts
356 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Royal Jordanian

Done the LHR/AMM sector many times and they were fine

SS

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Royal Jordanian

If you've already booked don't worry about the airline just look at it as a means to an end and that end is a wonderful holiday in Thailand.

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
37,517 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Royal Jordanian

Flew them to Amman a few years ago now but in J class - they were OK.

Amman, Jordan
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Royal Jordanian

Trust me, I have flown Royal Jordanian over 10 times in the past 1.5 years and i have never had any negative criticism regarding my trips. I have always been and will always be happy to fly RJ. I have tried other airlines, mainly Lufthansa and BA, and i have to say i was surprisingly disappointed by these 2. I hope you have a pleasant flight and a wonderful journey ahead. Please keep us posted on your journey :-)

znojmo
Level Contributor
467 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Royal Jordanian

you probably bought it because it was cheap, so think of the extra spenders you will have. I have flown to bangkok on worse, Bangladesh Biman and Mahan airlines. They got me there, on time and were fine.

Nothing to worry about at all.

Australia
Level Contributor
445 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Royal Jordanian

Did the same trip as you last year. Travelled economy on way over, no problems. Upgraded to business class on way back for just $600. Unfortunately it has spoilt me for further flights. Enjoy your flight.

Nuremberg, Germany
Level Contributor
7,380 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Royal Jordanian

Royal Jordanian is also my preferred airline when flying to Amman, nothing wrong with them at all.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
5,134 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Royal Jordanian

When reading reviews consider who posted them. Many complainers are of a particular nationality. Also their dislikes may not be something which are of importance to you.