We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Exit row seats with BA ,??

swansea
Level Contributor
441 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Exit row seats with BA ,??

Hi everyone,just booked to fly Gatwick-Tampa with BA [although bought tickets with American airlines ,they were cheaper,they codeshare].

I know you can pre book seats by paying £56 per couple for 1 way ,! but what i am really after is exit row seats ,i am 6ft 7" tall,and 9hrs 20mins in economy is a nightmare ,you cant book the exit seats online,they are blocked ,and i get to check in extra early and always ask politely ,but 99% of the time they are alredy gone ,how ? when they are blocked online how do they get allocated ??

Also aware about being able bodied which thankfully i am

Any ideas ,please

Fishman

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
3,817 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Exit row seats with BA ,??

Have you tried calling BA in advance? They might be able to allocate you those seats or at least tell you what's the best way to get them.

I don't know their policy but maybe they reserve those seats for passengers with status/frequent flyers?

Ayr, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,652 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Exit row seats with BA ,??

You need to ensure that you checkin online rather than waiting to speak to someone at checkin at airport. Check in opens 24 hours before flight online. I have managed to get exit seats 3 times when I checked in whenever it opened (for free!)

Edited: 23 August 2013, 22:32
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
12,780 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Exit row seats with BA ,??

Exit row seats are released to pre-book 14 days prior to departure. So you just got to ready at the computer then.

swansea
Level Contributor
441 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Exit row seats with BA ,??

Thanks folks,i guess i will just have to have my trigger finger ready at the appointed time ,have tried this several times before without luck,maybe this time ?

Fishman

pittsburgh
Level Contributor
186 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Exit row seats with BA ,??

I am flying BA from London to Rome in October and for $16 I could pre-book seats. I checked online to see what was available (before paying) and the exit rows were and I quickly booked them. Have you tried seeing this?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
12,780 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Exit row seats with BA ,??

Exit row seating policies are different for longhaul flights. As noted above, the seats won't be released for sale until 14 days before departure.

Bracknell, United...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Exit row seats with BA ,??

A BA Gold card holder can reserve exit row seats free of charge at any time. Any remaining seats are available to be reserved (with a fee) from 14 days to 4 days before departure. So often exit row seats will be snapped up by the Gold card holders in advance.

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
18,806 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Exit row seats with BA ,??

alisterchapman

Was there really a need to drag up a near 12 month old post - the OP will have long completed his flight.

9. Re: Exit row seats with BA ,??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 08 October 2014, 22:35
10. Re: Exit row seats with BA ,??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 08 October 2014, 22:35