We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Opinions on booking on airtickets.com, travelgenio.com ...??

Ljubljana, Slovenia
4 posts
Save Topic
Opinions on booking on airtickets.com, travelgenio.com ...??

Hey,

Momondo and Skyscanner often find cheap tickets at airtickets.com, travelgenio.com, travel2be ...

What are your experiences with these websites, are they legitimate and safe to book air tickets with?

I found some (not so good) opinions about airtrip.com on this forum, but I cannot find anything useful about above mentioned websites (maybe I have overlooked it?)

Many thanks for your answers!

Edited: 25 August 2013, 16:47
851 replies to this topic
Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
41. Re: Opinions on booking on airtickets.com, travelgenio.com ...??

I always wonder why people book with 3rd party online sites;-)

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,519 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
42. Re: Opinions on booking on airtickets.com, travelgenio.com ...??

<I always wonder why people book with 3rd party online sites;-)>

Cheers! I always wonder why people don't come to TripAdvisor FIRST to do reasearch before booking, but rather use TA as a complaint forum after they've "been wronged".

Amed, Indonesia
1 post
Save Reply
43. Re: Opinions on booking on airtickets.com, travelgenio.com ...??

Disaster: I'm really disappointed and angry! I booked a flight from Bali to Germany with the insurance plus! The insurance plus is promising 85% directly back, if I have to cancel the flight. I just have to send a mail to the special canceling address without any reasons and they will transfer the money back. That's what is standing on their website!

But not at all!

First at all, they didn't reply to one of my three emails, so I needed to organize a Skype call. It felt it took hours till they answered the call. Jesus Christ. The lady said, she got the emails, but I should know, that they will transfer the money earliest back after a minimum of 30 days. She knows she said, there are a lot things standing not clear enough on their website and hips of people complained, but there is no reaction from the side of the management! Now i have no money to book another flight home! It's horrible! This company need to be forbidden! That's ripp-off, a fraud! Don't book over travelgenio, they will not change anything, till they feel a consequence! I need a lawyer!

44. Re: Opinions on booking on airtickets.com, travelgenio.com ...??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 23 December 2013, 05:05

Kuldiga, Latvia
1 post
Save Reply
45. Re: Opinions on booking on airtickets.com, travelgenio.com ...??

Tried to book tickets with airtickets.com. After entering passenger details, got message "price was changed", and the new offered price is significantly higher.. It happens all the times. Do not waste your time!

London, United...
1 post
Save Reply
46. Re: Opinions on booking on airtickets.com, travelgenio.com ...??

airtickets is a legitimate website/company. I book most of my flights from them the last 5 yrs and never had a problem.

Romford, United...
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
47. Re: Opinions on booking on airtickets.com, travelgenio.com ...??

Are you sure about that? it is supposedly managed by Airtickets Travel Services Ltd but cannot find any company of that name registered at Companies House, also hotels page is a screenscrape of booking.com website with the airtickets.com logo pasted on it

First time post-smell a troll

Munich, Germany
1 post
Save Reply
48. Re: Opinions on booking on airtickets.com, travelgenio.com ...??

I reserved 2 flights from the US to Germany for this summer and confirmed with Amex but after the booking was completed I got an email telling me to use a shady online banking portal to pay for the tickets. They gave no explanation as to why this was necessary. I told them that we would only be willing to pay via amex but they kept requesting this online portal. Long story but in the end I attacked them via Facebook and via email with threats of legal action and fraud investigation. They took down every Facebook posting almost immediately. In the end it worked and they canceled the booking reservation without fees. Terrible experience. We alerted amex's fraud dept and hope that nothing shows up. Never again !!!!!!!!! Next time I will pay more attention to looking into the company before I try to book a cheap flight.

Munich, Germany
1 post
Save Reply
49. Re: Opinions on booking on airtickets.com, travelgenio.com ...??

I will never ever buy tickets from Travelgenio anymore. We booked ticketes and were waiting for a electronic tickets, but they didn't come, after a week of waiting I call to a travelgenio infolinoline to ask what happened with my ticket. The operators hang the phone three times till I finaly had a good luck and somebody helpful answered and sent me a ticket.

Unfortunately this is not the end of the story. We bought a direct flight from Mexico City to Munich. On the ticket there was written no stop on the way, when we booked a flight, there was nothing written about any stop, the plane make between Mexico and Munich. When I came to the airport to take a plane from Mexico to Europe I was told that the plane makes stop in Atlanta and I need a visa. I didn't have any so I lost the plane. It cost a lot of money to get to rebook my ticket I nevergot back from the ticket seller.

But this is not the end of the story neither. Unfortunately the same happened to my wife, she found out two weeks before her flight, so she had enough time to resolve the situation. She spent 3 days calling to Travelgenio, operators were keeping hanging up the phone. Finaly after three days they changed the flight via Europe, haleluya, and asked for 80EUR for the service! For their most sh..ty service ever they dare to ask extra 80EUR. I can't believe it....

Haifa, Israel
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
50. Re: Opinions on booking on airtickets.com, travelgenio.com ...??

I also found the best tickets in airticket.com.

however i've been trying since yesterday to book one of three different tickets, and their website does seem to work properly.

their phone support by the way, is very unfriendly.

Good luck

Reply to: Opinions on booking on airtickets.com, travelgenio.com ...??
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted